Chapter 30

Last chapter!!!  Okay, get ready for CONTENT - some of the pics are too big, but I like them.  The song for the chapter is Jarryd James - Sure Love, which was my song for the Aussie summer.  Enjoy!

Annoying Pinspiration Quote #30

"You've seen my descent. Now watch my rising."

"I'm ready," I said, emerging from the bathroom of our hotel suite.

Cody looked up from quietly reading on the couch, and his mouth dropped open in an ensorcelled smile. "You certainly are. You look incredible."

"You said that yesterday when you met me at the airport, when I was an unwashed travel-crusty mess," I said crossing to him and pulling him to his feet.

He grinned and kissed me deeply. "And I told you that last night too when you were buck-naked in my bed, so at least you know my attraction to you isn't based on fashion. But seriously, you're stunning today. You'll make a gorgeous groomsman."

"I hope so." I adjusted the black dress with its distinctive white pattern across the front that hinted at the formal look of a tuxedo without being overly obvious. The material hugged my figure, flaring from the waist, and I wore a pair of strappy heels on my feet. My hair, which had thickened up nicely in the six months I'd been travelling around the world, was scooped up in a high fancy do, which paired well with my simple make-up.

  My hair, which had thickened up nicely in the six months I'd been travelling around the world, was scooped up in a high fancy do, which paired well with my simple make-up

Cody's hands cupped the small of my back; in his soft grey suit, he looked the part of a sophisticated gentleman off to a formal Hollywood event. And considering Jade and Rupert's second wedding was the hottest event of the year in LA, we were dressed just right.

"You look pretty good yourself, Dr Harrison." I threaded my fingers along the length of his tie in a deliberately sexual manner. "Maybe we can blow this thing off, stay here and get naked again."

"You're insatiable. Don't tempt me..."

"I can't help it," I said, interlocking my hands behind his waist and breathing in the spicy scent of his aftershave. "You make me this way. Six months is a long time between catch-ups."

"We did have Paris," said Cody, his eyes darkening with lust as he mentioned our tryst in the city of lights.

It was my birthday week, and as much as I'd been loving my independent jaunt across the planet, I found myself alone in France and missing Cody terribly. I didn't tell him, of course; it would have been cruel to call him confessing how much I missed him at the important moments when I was meant to be off finding Mia. But I wished he was there with a ferocity that kept me sleepless for days on end, wandering the city in lonely circles.

He knocked on my hotel room door the morning of my birthday. "I didn't know if you wanted to see me, but I had to come and wish you happy birthday in per-"