Epilogue: Annabell

HELLO PEOPLE!!!

this is my first attempt at a horror story type thing so cut me some slack. :) i hope you all enjoy it and make sure you COMMENT and tell me if you think i could make it better. thanks!

i know the first chapter is kinda short but i'm still working on it so DON'T COMPLAIN! hehehe <3 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ax hung numbly in her hand. She was saving her energy by dragging the heavy wedge along the ground. The grass crushed beneath the weight and that was the only sound heard in the night. Ripping grass, and the faint sounds of running feet. Those sounds mixed with a panicked woman's heavy breathing and made a chorus of fear for Annabell to listen to.

The night was dark and the stars were shining, like little snowflakes against the black cover of night. It was about 3 in the morning, and the air was still warm from the summer's day. Annabell smiled to herself and sighed deeply. She looked ahead to try to see the woman running ahead of her. In the darkness, she couldn't see her prey and went by ear. Annabell waited to hear the sound of crushed leaves.

With a thud, she heard her victim fall on the ground. The rustling continued and she walked towards the sound. Shining and giving Annabell just enough light to see, the moon stared down at the scene. Annabell walked to the body, scrambling and trying to stand.

The woman looked back and screamed when she saw Annabell looking down at her.

Then, Annabell smiled. “Hello,” she said politely. “What's your name?”

“PLEASE!! Take my money! Let me go! Don't hurt me!” the lady screamed, her makeup running down her face with her tears. Her clothes were torn from the stray branches in the forest and one of her shoes was missing.

In the darkness, Annabell watched and scowled. “I only asked your name!” the young girl screamed, “But you don't want to talk to me, do you?”

“No, no, no!” the woman sobbed. “I'll talk! I'll talk to you, I swear!”

Annabell sighed. “It's too late. Sorry.”

She raised the ax with both her hand and cut the woman's scream in half. Blood splashed on the fallen leaves and looked black in the moonlight.

Annabell worked for a few minutes, chopping up the woman into a neat pile and dragged the ax blade on the dew covered grass, cleaning up before heading home for the night. Maybe she would make a friend tomorrow.