Chapter 5: HDYSILY?

Sorry it took so long again. I'm just not very fast at getting these chapters out, but i will try to do better in the future. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Oh, and incase you forgot what happened in the last one I put a little recap here at the top! Enjoy!

RECAP: I immediately opened the letter and the first thing I noticed was the handwriting; it was messy meaning that it was most likely a guy who wrote it. My heart started pounding. I had an idea who it was from, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. I started reading.

Thalia,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I wish there was something I could do so that you would forgive me. I can't stand you being mad at me and I miss talking to you and having you as a best friend. Its taken me a long time to finally realize just how much you meant to me as a

friend and now that I've realized it I fear that it is too late. Thalia, I really want to go back to the way we were. I miss you. Will you forgive me?

Shane

P.S. Meet me in the back hallway at 7:15 so we can talk. Please?

NEW:

I turned to look at Sophie and Hope as my mouth hung wide open with surprise. I didn't even know what to say and that's something because I almost always have something to say. But Sophie and Hope looked just as surprised as I was. I was thinking a mile, a minute. Should I go? If I did what would I say? What would he say? What would we even talk about? All of these questions and more were going through my head as I thought about what I should do when Hope pulled me away from my thoughts.

"You should go" Hope expressed sincerely 

"Really? Are you sure? I'm kinda nervous. I don't even know if I want to go." I admitted 

"Yep. I'm absolutely positive that if you don't do this you will regret it for the rest of your life.  You know why? Because even though you never told Sophie and I, we know that you like him and that he means a lot to you so, I most definitely think you should go" she said

"Okay." I agreed "I'll go and sorry for never telling you" I said sheepishly 

"No biggie" she replied, waving it off 

"Just when you go be careful and don't get yourself hurt, emotionally"

I nodded slowly while dazing off into space thinking about what might happen in just a little while.

It was now 7 o'clock; I had 15 minutes until I was supposed to meet Shane. His group had just gotten out of the water and they were changing back into there clothes. Only one more group had to swim and then the Lock-In was over. I hoped that what Shane wanted to talk about wouldn't take a long time because we didn't have much to spare. 

At 7:10 I slowly made my way to the back hallway trying not to freak out. On the outside I was fine. On the inside I was going crazy with emotions. When I reached the hallway I found that Shane was already there waiting for me. 

"Hi.." I started nervously fiddling with my hands

"Hey" he replied seeming as calm as ever while I was over here freaking out

He wasn't saying anything and I was about to ask him why he asked me to meet him back here when he started explaining. 

"There is no good excuse for why I stopped talking to you. I have excuses, but they're not good. I was stupid, I was cocky, and I was immature. I thought that by hanging out with Greg and Mitch I would be liked and more popular. I thought that popularity was everything. I didn't know any better and now I regret it. For two years I stopped talking to you for nothing, two years. That's a long time and I know, I know I messed up. I also know that I want to be friends with you again and I will do whatever it takes to be that friend or be considered a friend again. So, will you please forgive me Thalia for making all those stupid, idiotic mistakes?" 

My mouth was agape.  I could not believe that Shane of all people just stood here and admitted all of this to me. It must have taken him a lot of courage to say all that to me considering he's a guy and they don't share stuff like that all to much. It took me a second but I finally came back to my senses. I looked over at Shane and he looked uncomfortable and nervous as he glanced at me as if trying to read my emotions. I bit my lip as I tried to think of something to say to him after that heartfelt speech. After what seemed like forever Shane spoke again.

"Say something. Please." he said his voice cracking as he spoke

"I have no idea what to say. There is nothing to say. The speech you just gave pretty much left me speechless." I told him

Shane then smiled. His eyes sparkling and then his smile faltered a little as he asked

"Wait, that means I've been forgiven right?"

I thought about that for a minute before responding. Do I forgive him? I wanted to so badly, but I was so broken last time that I didn't know if I should. Loving means taking risks and I wanted my best guy friend back. I then decided that I would give him one more chance. 

"Yeah. You're forgiven." I said allowing myself to smile as he engulfed me in a hug

Gosh, I had forgotten how nice it felt to be in his arms. It felt right, but at the same time I wasn't the same girl I used to be when I had first fallen for him. Things were going to be different this time. I wasn't as carefree and I hid my emotions better. I promised myself that unless I was positive that he loved me, I was not to fall in love with him. Not again.

So? What did you guys think of this chapter? Vote, comment, fan!!! Let me know how you liked it. How you feel about Shane. Give me your feedback and give your opinion. I love every single comment I get!! :) Ok, gotta capatilize this next part it's important!

READ THIS: I love you guys! I love that you read my story and fan and vote (sometimes) and comment. But, we have a problem... my first chapter of this story has 70 votes and so far this chapter only has 6. So I didn't want to have to do this, but I won't upload chapter 6 until I have at least 10 votes on this story. Hope that's not to much to ask! Still love y'all for supporting me! :)

AND THIS: Alright guys, you are awesome fans and since some of you seem to like this story so much that I wanted to ask you a favor. I have chosen a couple of pictures of people that I think look like Shane & Thalia, but I want my readers opinion. So, if you wanna help me out go to my profile and go to the about me and scroll to the bottom of about me there should be 3 links. One for pictures of girls who could possibly be Thalia. The other is for guys who could possibly be Shane. The pictures are numbered so, if you guys could check em' out and let me know which one you think would fit the best I would really appreciate it!! Thanks!!