Chapter 4: HDYSILY?

Chapter 4: HDYSILY?

I woke up to someone lightly shaking me and chanting my name.

"Thalia.Thalia. Wake up, we have to swim."

I stared up at Sophie and Hope. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I quickly got up and changed back into my damp suit making a mental note to put my glasses on when I got back out of the pool seeing as my contacts were getting dry. I followed Sophie and Hope onto the pool deck as if in a daze. I am exhausted and not just physically, but mentally. Trying to pretend that it didn't hurt and that I didn't care was tiring and it was getting to the point where it needed to stop.

We had gotten halfway into the practice and we were kicking with a kickboard so our heads were up which meant Hope, Sophie, and I could talk while swimming.

"Thalia, I think you should give him another chance,” Hope said softly

At first I'd thought I'd heard wrong but I hadn't. I turned and looked at her with an amused look on my face.

"I've given him plenty of chances! This is his fault!" I remarked

"Thalia, I know you're hurt and everything but is it really just his fault or is some of it yours? Have you given him chances or was it only that once? I mean I know you tried to talk to him before and I know he wouldn't give you a decent answer but did you ever think that maybe he was just scared and worried just like you were about losing his best friend? Maybe he just panicked and he didn't know what to say."

She made a good point except the thing about it being my fault because he stopped talking to me not the other way around. Did I give him enough chances?

"I don't know Hope, its just I've been hurting for so long, but what you're saying makes sense. If he makes an effort to try and be friends again I'll give him another chance ok?"

"Okay"

**************************************

Our last swim practice of the night ended and Elite was now getting ready to get back in. I was quickly gathering up my gear and started to walk out. As I was walking out someone grabbed my hand softly and put something in it. My eyes widened as I quickly turned my head around trying to figure out who it was, but whoever had done it was very good at concealing the fact that they had done anything.

I swiftly walked out of the pool eager to read the note and see whom it was from. I was walking so fast that I almost ran into Hope and Sophie who were waiting for me outside of the pool.

"Whoa! Whoa! What's the hurry?" Sophie asked jokingly

"Guys, look" I said as I opened up my hand revealing the note

"Ooh who is it from?" Hope questioned

"I don't yet! That's why I was in such a hurry. I really want to read it and know whom it's from" I explained to her frantically

"Okay okay. Well let’s go to the back hallway and read it,” she said and then she paused and said, "If you don't mind Sophie and I reading it too?"

"No, not at all" I replied

The three of us changed back into clothes as fast as possible and then together we walked to the back hallway of the building/pool area. We figured that since not many people walked back there it would the best place to read the letter without anyone else around.

We sat down on the cold, marble floor. As excited as I was about reading and seeing whom the letter was from I was also nervous.

"Ok, let's read it now" Hope and Sophie whisper yelled, excitedly

I immediately opened the letter and the first thing I noticed was the handwriting; it was messy meaning that it was most likely a guy who wrote it. My heart started pounding. I had an idea who it was from, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. I started reading.

Thalia,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I wish there was something I could do so that you would forgive me. I can't stand you being mad at me and I miss talking to you and having you as a best friend. Its taken me a long time to finally realize just how much you meant to me as a

friend and now that I've realized it I fear that it is too late. Thalia, I really want to go back to the way we were. I miss you. Will you forgive me?

Shane

P.S. Meet me in the back hallway at 7:15 so we can talk. Please?

So, what did you guys think? Do you like it? I know its sorta short.... again, but I felt that it needed to end with the letter. Anyways vote, comment, give feedback, whatever! And I love all of my new fans and all of my old fans!! Hope you guys enjoy!! :)