Chapter 2

There were surprisingly few people at school twenty minutes before the first bell rang. Most of them came five minutes before or less. As I entered I nearly tripped on the mat in front of the main doors, but caught myself just in time. I went straight to my locker, opened it after a few attempts, put my backpack in and took out the two notebooks, two folders, and bag of pencils I would need before lunch. Usually after this, I go to Tyler's locker and hang with him and Chad, which I was about to do until someone ran into me.

"Sorry," I mumbled and began to pick up all my stuff, which had scattered across the narrow hallway.

"No it's my fault for not paying attention, my bad. Oh, it's you Molly."

I looked up to see Brett Handley, a.k.a. Mr. Sexy Face. He's always been one of the most gorgeous guys in school. I've talked to him before, but mostly just meaningless conversation and we haven't ever really hung out. I've had a crush on him since god knows when, and because of that I tend to act like a total idiot around him.

He bent down and helped me pick up my notebooks and folders. I blushed and stuttered a thank you, making my face get redder. 

"You're cute," he smiled and walked away.

I stared at his retreating godlike figure and gaped. Mr. Sexy Face said that to me? Me?!? Oh I had to tell Chad and Tyler! Brett doesn't just say that to everyone oh my god what was I doing just standing in the middle of the hallway. I hurried up the stairs, nearly tripping once again, to the hallway where Tyler and Chad's lockers were. 

"Oh lord I have news!" I said loudly and dropped my stuff to jump onto Tyler's back. He stumbled from the weight, but didn't drop me.

"Oooo what is it?" Chad said with a grin. He was sitting down leaning against the lockers and adjusting his plaid scarf.

I slid off Tyler, picked up my stuff, and sat down next to him; Tyler joined us on the floor.

"He just said I was cute!" I cheered.

"Who?" Chad squealed, "Tell me who who who?"

"Mr. Sexy Face!"

Tyler rolled his eyes, "What an embarrassing nickname! You should never ever call him that to his face. Or anyone else's face for that matter."

"Oh hush it Tyler! Details, details woman! What exactly happened?" Chad said excitedly.

"Okay so I accidentally ran into him and I got all embarrassed  and he said," I deepened my voice to impersonate him, "You're cute Molly. Can you believe it?!?" 

I hugged him tightly, tight enough to cause him to fall over. Less than a month into my junior year and it was already epic!

"Well what happened after that?" Chad asked.

"Nothing. He left after that."

"You're really not very bright are you?" Tyler said, "I mean I don't know if I approve of him or not, but if someone says you're cute, you're supposed to continue the conversation or ask if they want to hang out. Especially if its Brett–" 

"Don't say it!" I said and covered his mouth, apparently loud enough that the teacher near the end of the hall gave us a dirty look. I lowered my voice, "What if someone hears you? Refer to him as Mr. Sexy Face so no one will possibly find out!"

He laughed and patted my head, "No way. I'll just say that guy you like okay? I refuse to say something like that. Someone could get the wrong idea."

"What could you possibly mean, you mean that you like guys?" I said loudly; his face got red.

"Nope, I like girls. But you, you like Brett Handley don't you?" He said even louder. I glared at him, my face bright red, and punched his arm. The teacher glared at us and we giggled quietly.