Chapter 21 ❊

Chapter 21 ❊

Tahira ❊

One thing about me is that I have such a huge heart. My mother always reminded me of this. I hate to see people upset and I tend to take people back in after they did me wrong. It's not because I want to but it's because my heart is too big to let go. So when Aubrey was telling me his story and was crying I kind of broke down too. Hearing his story made me feel sorry for him and for some reason I felt obligated to be there for him. Maybe I was wrong, maybe I should've just told him to leave, but my heart wouldn't allow me too.

***

I looked over at Aubrey and sighed.

It has been a long night. Last night was one of the most nerve wrecking moments I've ever had. Aubrey was literally in tears as he explained what happened to him when he was younger. I've never seen him so emotional and unstable ever. It brought tears in my eyes to see tears in his.

I guess holding onto things really do take a toll on us all.

"Good morning." Aubrey's raspy voice said before he opened his eyes.

I laid my head on his chest. "Good morning."

"Did you sleep well?" Aubrey asked rubbing his hand over his head.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, are you okay?" I asked him peeking up at him.

"I'm fine, I'm sorry about how I broke down last night, that was uncalled for." He apologized making me wave him off.

"You don't have to apologize to me, men can cry too." I mentioned making him crack a smile.

I saw a more vulnerable side of him.

Aubrey leaned down and kissed the top of my head.

"How about you just lay right here and I'll go into the kitchen to make you breakfast?" He asked getting up from the bed.

"Sounds great." I said sending him a small smile.

He nodded and left the room.

I hope he doesn't think this is gonna get him off the hook for what he did before he left. Right now isn't the time to bring it up but trust me, I will.

***

"So..Aubrey." I said making him look up from his plate of food.

"Yes Tahira, what is it?" He questioned me wiping his lips with a napkin.

I don't know if this is the right time to bring it up but I have to get this off of my chest.

"I can't allow you to be here anymore..." I told him gently.

Anything can trigger him so I'm gonna lay this on him gently.

He stared at me like he was in deep thought.

"Why?" He asked like he didn't know the reason why.

"Oh, so you don't remember what happened last week?" I asked him raising a eyebrow.

He cleared his throat before nodding.

"Yeah I do but I'm sorry and I'm ready to be in a relationship with you." He simply stated.

I shook my head.

"For the past eight months you have been driving me crazy and putting me through pain. I can't allow things to continue on like this, you'll be lucky if I even remain friends with you after all you have done." I explained to him not breaking eye contact.

His brown eyes turn a dark shade of black.

"So what do you want me to do? Leave." He said chuckling a little.

"Yes, please." I replied back sternly.

I'm dead serious this time and I'm not backing down.

"You can't be serious." He scoffed standing up from the table.

"Leave now." I demanded pointing towards the door.

He stood there giving me this look before walking over to my side of the table.

I didn't bother moving , showing him that I'm no longer afraid of him.

He cracked a smile making me roll my eyes.

He clenched my cheeks with right hand before planting a sloppy kiss onto my lips. I quickly slapped his face making him release his lips from mine.

He started laughing hysterically.

"I'll be back sweet cheeks." He stated before walking out of the kitchen and leaving out of the front door.

I sighed letting go of the breath I was holding in.

I have to go clean my mouth out now.

He'll be back but next time I'll be ready. That's a promise.

___________________________
Sorry it's so short. I had writer's block.
Next chapter will be longer.

What do you guys think?
Comment below
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Xoxo - Msfanfictional 🙌🏾