Chapter 12: New Home

Chapter 12

They arrived at the mansion at noon. Valen placed the two pots for the meantime on a table as Lady Melinda greeted Valen with a hug.

"Glad to see you fine dear. I hope you are not mad at us for just making an abrupt decision to have you stay here. We all agreed that that is for the best and for your safety." Lady Melinda said.

"I understand Lady Melinda; I just have other reasons which I cannot tell yet why I want to stay there. However, I will just have to do something about it."

"If you need any help, just do not hesitate to ask us, alright. Come with me; let me show you your room. I will let the servants carry your things. Come."

After Lady Melinda showed her the room. They already went to the dining room to eat lunch where Lord Thomas, Edward, as well as Meredith are already there waiting for them.

"Perhaps, we should introduce these fine ladies to each other. Lady Meredith, this is Lady Valen.........??" Lord Thomas suddenly realized they do not know Valen's last name yet.

"Graham. Valen Graham." Valen curtsies.

"Oh...Graham. I knew of a black-haired healer whose last name is Graham. He's a good old friend. Well, we all know what happened to those good black hair folks. Alright, it is not the time to think about the past. Valen is a healer and will now stay with us here in the mansion. Valen, this is Lady Meredith Allen, she is the daughter of Lord James and the late Lady Janeth of the northern land, Perino."

"And the fiancée of Edward. Nice to meet you Valen." Meredith confidently added.

"Nice to meet you too, Lady Meredith." Valen was surprised with that introduction and felt a bit uncomfortable on the last part where Meredith said that she is Edward's fiancée, but she knows that she should not feeling that way so she just ignore it.

They took their seats, Lord Thomas seated at the head part of the table; her wife, Lady Melinda, seated on his right as Valen seated beside her. Edward seated across her mother and on his left is Lady Meredith. They had small chat as they eat the roasted chicken and some vegetables. During the conversation, Valen found out that Lady Meredith is not officially Edward's fiancée yet which somehow gave her a relief.

After lunch, Valen voluntarily cleaned the table but before Edward or Lady Melinda can stop her, a young lady servant immediately halted Valen in doing so.

"Please, Lady Valen. Let me do that." Said a not so tall, brown-haired lady servant.

"That is right, Valen. You do not have to do that. We did not invite you to stay here to be a servant." Lady Melinda said.

"But, I will be staying here in your mansion, might as well do something in return."

"We have enough servants Valen, and they do their own assigned tasks. What you just need to do is to continue what you are doing. You just need to continue healing the people of Cellis." Lord Thomas said.

"Yes, that is right! And speaking of assigned task, Abby..." Lady Melinda called that young servant who halted Valen to clean the table.

"Yes milady." Abby replied.

"Regarding the one we have talked about a while ago. I want you to assist Valen. Valen this is Abby, she will be your personal aide. She is very hardworking and honest. She can assist you with anything." Lady Melinda delighted said.

"Oh, there is no need Lady Melinda. I will be alright on my own. I do not want to bother Abby or anyone with anything." Valen politely declined the offer.