Just say it

New chapter! hope you like it!

This chapter is dedicated to GraceCollins! You guys should read her stories! :)

Dan was really surprised to see Blair there. He didn’t think he would be seeing a lot of her for the next days. At least now that the Prince was in Manhattan.

But there she was, looking at him with her big brown eyes, waiting for Rufus to leave.

“Hey” she said as soon as Rufus left.

“Hey” Dan replied.

Silence.

“So… how are you feeling?” Blair asked “You were really drunk last night”

“Yeah, I was… Why are you here, Blair? Did I do something stupid?”

He wanted to know what had happened at the Party… even if it was bad.

“Why? You don’t remember what happened?” Blair asked in disbelief.

“No… I remember that I went to the party to help you with the Prince… and, yeah, that’s pretty much everything I remember”

“Oh”

That was all? That was everything she was going to say? Oh? He wanted to know. He needed to know.

“So… are you going to tell me?”

“Well, I don’t think it’s a good idea” Blair replied.

“God, what did I do? Just tell me. I can handle it” Dan said really hoping that it wasn’t that bad.

“Humpfrey… you kissed me. Again”

“Technically you kissed ME the first time”

“Whatever, Humpfrey. Just shut up, okay?”

It was better to let her finish. But he didn’t like what he was hearing. Not a bit.

“You kissed me. And then we talked. You…” Blair started. ”You said you liked me”

“Well, I can believe that”

But what Dan didn’t want to hear where the words that Blair was about to say. He could perfectly imagine what she had said, and why he had started to drink. The words ‘just friends’ were not his favorites ones at the moment.

“And… I told you that I wanted to be with Louis”

There she had said them. He really felt like crying. He wanted to hide in his room and not get out for the next year. First confessing his feelings to her father. Then having to hear Blair’s feelings. Or lack of them. It was definitelynot a good morning.

“Blair, what are you doing here?” Dan asked.

She was just not making any sense. But Blair never really made much sense. She always surprised him with something different.

“If I must be sincere… I have no clue” she answered

“Well, then maybe you should go and let me suffer the rejection on my own” Dan said seriously.

“I…” she began. “I asked Louis something when you left with your dad”

This was getting interesting by the moment. More embarrassment? Why not.

“I asked him to tell me what he liked about me” she said.

“I’m not really sure I want to know the answer…”

“He said: ‘you are pretty and intelligent’”

“Well, it’s true”

It was true.

“But someone had just said something to me. Why he liked me” Blair continued. “And there was not comparison”

Dan couldn’t understand. Blair smiled.

“You like me because of all my defects. For the things that only you know about me. He liked me because of what I represent: this week’s entertainment to make his mother go crazy”

Dan smiled. He was liking what he was hearing. What an odd turn of events.

“So…”

“So…”

“Does that mean…?” Dan wasn’t able to finish the sentence.

“No”

“No?”

“No. It doesn’t mean that I like you” she said. “Waldorfs don’t like Humpfrey’s. remember?”

Welcome back, ‘crappy day’. Goodbye, ‘awesome day’.

“I know. At least not without the tetanus shot”

“Right”

“What does it mean then?” Dan asked then. “I need to know Blair. Eric says that I’m totally crushing on you. And my dad… well, he knows I’m crazy about you”

“What? You told people about this?”

“I told Eric. I need someone to talk with. My dad discovered it by himself”

“How?”

“Well… I might have told him, under the effects of alcohol I swear, that…”

Dan felt that he wasn’t really tell her that. But it was now or never.

“That I love you”

“Why would you say that? You don’t love me, Cabbage Patch” she said angrily, “you can’t love me”

They both went silent. What was he supposed to say now?.

“Blair, I need you to tell me if there’s something between us”

“There’s nothing. Friendship. Maybe not even that”

“Don’t lie to me”

He came closer to her and looked deeply into her eyes. With his hand, Dan caressed her cheek, staring at her like she was the most beautiful, precious and unique thing in the world.

“We can do this”

“What? No, no”

“Just say it, Blair”

“I…”

Sorry... its not too long :S but what did you think? like it? not?

please comment o vote! :)