Chapter Four

This was a bad idea. I was outside Josh’s front door glancing through the window looking at the guests in his house, well looking at the female guests. They were all tall, blond and beautiful in pretty dresses laughing along with Josh as he told a joke to them. I would not fit in there.

Just as I was about to turn my chair around and go back to my house, Josh caught my eye and smiled at me, which was enough to make me stay. When he smiles it affects everyone in the room and makes you want to smile as well. Josh made a motion with his hand, saying to wait as he comes to open the door for me.

Several minuets later the door opens and stood in front of me was Josh.  He was dressed in a Navy blue shirt and fitted grey dress pants, he look breathtakingly gorgeous.

“Alison, I’m glad you’re here, I was being to think you weren’t going come” he smiled “You look beautiful , come in and meet everyone” he stepped aside to let me in .

 ....................................................................................................................................................................................

 I propelled myself through his front door and down the corridor.

“Everyone is in the front room, follow me” he said walking ahead of me in to the room.

I sat still at the door way to nervous to enter. Sensing my hesitation Josh glanced back and gave me an encouraging smile.

“They don’t bite” he smiled then looked back at the two leggy blonds who were casting glares in my direction “Well some of them might, but don’t worry I’ll protect you”.

I smiled back at him still feeling doubtful as I saw several people glance at my chair.

 “People are staring at me” I said looking down at my lap.

“That’s because they can see how beautiful you are, the looks you see directed at you are of jealousy not pity” He said staring in to my eyes.

My whole face lit up in a smile at those words, obviously the looks weren’t of jealously but nevertheless it made my heart flutter.

Josh continued his way in to the room and I slowly followed. He lead me over towards the sofa where two young women were sat, one of them was heavily pregnant.

“Alison I’d like to meet my sisters, this is Catherine and Emily” he pointed them out as he said their names.

Catherine was a petite woman with dark should length hair and blue eyes like her brothers, I guessed she was in her early thirties. Emily was also petite, although you could tell she was slightly taller than her sister, She had her sister’s dark brown hair with dark green eyes. She was sat with her had over her pregnant belly.

“Guy’s this is Alison my neighbour” he introduced me.

 Both of the women smiled in greeting to me and joined me in their conversation. Further on into the conversation my condition got brought up.

“If you don’t mind me asking, how is it that you came about to be in your chair” asked Catherine in slightly quite voice, as if she was worried she’d offend me.

“I don’t mind” I smiled “I was in a skiing accident when I was 16, which resulted in me losing my ability to walk”

“That must have been quite traumatizing for you”

“It was and it still is at times, but I’m slowly getting better each day” I replied

As the evening passed on I slowly found my self comfortable sat talking to Josh’s sisters. I noticed that every now and again Josh would glance over from his conversation and look at me smiling. Overall the evening was an enjoyable event and when I went to bed that night I fell asleep feeling happy for the first time in years.

Please Vote and Comment On what You think  :)