Chapter Three

I decided that after sharing that humiliating moment with Mr Sunglasses, that I would go and sit near the fire and snuggle up to the book Pride and Prejudice to get my mind of him. This book is by far my most favourite, I love the way that Jane Austin can take me away to another time where women always looked their best and when men where always your knight in shinning armour .

I was just getting to the part where Mr Darcy asks Elizabeth Bennet to dance when there was a knock on the door. Assuming that is was Mrs Scott I ask for the person to come in, turns out it wasn’t her at all. The living room door opens and in steps Mr Sunglasses looking very amused.

‘Hello there, I’m Josh Dunmore your new neighbour from across the street’ .He says, glancing slightly at my chair.

But instead of replying with my name like a normal person would, I just sit there opened mouth staring at him like an idiot. He’s even better looking closer up, you can see the slight lines around his mouth and eyes from smiling and the small scar above his left eye brow. His grin becomes even bigger once he notices that I’m staring at him .To try and  avoid even more embracement I stutter out my name. ‘Oh Hi, I’m Alison, Alison Holt ’.

‘Nice to meet you Alison, Have you lived in this neighbourhood long?’ he asked

‘Two years, I used to live Cresta Grove’ I replied slyly.

‘That nice , well I have lots of unpacking to finish, the reason I came round was to invited to a house warming party that I’m having this evening, would you like to come?’ he asked

A party, he actually wants me to come to a real party, I haven’t been to one since before the accident.

‘Are you sure you want someone like me to come to your party? ‘I questioned, looking down at my feet.

‘Why wouldn’t I want a pretty girl like you there’ he smiled

A blush covered my face ‘I will have to see if I’m busy or not’ I replied. That was such a lie, I haven’t been busy since 2006, but I don’t want to sound too eager.

‘Well I hope you can fit it in to your busy schedule, see you later’ he smirked walking out the door.

Once I heard the front door shut I screamed in delight and reach for the phone quickly dialling my sister’s number. Just as I was about to press call, I quickly remembered that in all my excitement I forgot that me and Diana don’t speak anymore. It was at times like this where I needed Diana the most.

Please Vote and Comment on what you think of it  :)