Extras

Woah, we've finished a book! I can't believe it. Can you?

I guess I might as well use this time to break down my future plans. Considering that I have somewhere around 10-11 draft stories in my possession there is a lot in store for the future.

The Ending:
I honestly didn't plan on an epilogue. She was gone, and I wanted to have my "the Lady or the Tiger" moment. Maybe I will in the future, but God I didn't plan on them even getting past 15 second hugs and look at this... I was going to give you guys artistic merit, imagination is key, but I hope them swapping spit wasn't what propelled you through this.

Editing:
I don't plan to tweak much but I do have three things in mind. I'm going to make Kwame's father Kenyan and Nigerian, and his mother Ghanaian and Nigerian to accommodate for the roundhouse names (I'm sorry okay? Haha), and I'm going to diminish the sister sub-plot. I'm keeping Wylan's siter issues in, but making them more concise and tight. You get like pockets of it through the book. I just felt that the spots with Wenona weren't as clean and clear.

Also, I'm going to try my best to do better with African culture. I'm adding to the backstory behind Kwame's name, and I might make Keli (his mom) Nigerian just for the purpose of what's already written fitting better. I have done more research for Nigerian culture than any other.

I also want more of Wesley's philosophy inserted in. I feel like he can do a better job at catalysing his daughter's explanation of thing and make them come out quicker. When it came to Kwame's view on certain things, I can do better, but that's just regular editing.

I also plan to completely remove the Nate situation, so that'll be interesting. Also need to check tense fluctuations. The laws are intended to be in present tense, nothing else, but I think I started rough.

Soundtrack:
So, I've already started doing this with Wy for sure, but I'm going to only have one musician for each character. Wylan chapters will be headed by Mariah Carey songs, and Kwame will be headed by Childish Gambino songs.

I love Mariah Carey, and think she will do a great job. She's the Butterfly and so is Wy, so why not?

Gambino is a character himself, and I feel like his songs will helo me capitalize on Kwame's voice. Making him more than an abridging character will be easy I imagine since he has a more prominent voice, but I want to level that out in the beginning, and so I may have things a bit more rocky, for a longer period of time.

Not in the three months without talking proximety, but still it will be evident why she didn't like him. I might even move the Nate situation to earlier in the book for that purpose.

New Projects:
Current projects that I am considering taking on soon include:

Patients
Night Walkers
Why Kareem Left Koretta

These are the most prominent but I have many others. Now for brief explanations.

Patients: Young Adult Fiction

From the point of view of a male. This will be a young adult fiction book focusing on a girl who took a destructive path in life after high school, and is fully intent on self destruction.

Night Walkers: Poetry

This is in the format of letters, written by a man on death row. He is recalling the crimes he committed, and accounting for the finality in his situation. I imagine this will be a very short book, almost like a collection of short stories, but those short stories are letter. The book is under the poetry genre as it is written entirely in verse.

101 Down Payments: (Maybe) Teen Fiction

From the point of view of an Asian girl who moves to America from another country. She lives there in her young adult life accounting for reasons to stay in the city since she has moved a lot in her youth.

Why Kareem Left Koretta: Mystery/Thriller

This is a book from the perspective of a girl whose lover has abandoned her, and she begins receiving unmarked letters detailing why her lover left.

This page is open for any questions or comments you may have about the book! I love talking to my readers, and I would love to have your feedback on which of the five works above you would like to see featured next!

Thank you so much for reading!
-Bookie