Chapter 13- Come and Get Me

Nate's POV

            I couldn't stop grinning. Jason found a mate. He found another mate! He was out of the picture. I knew they didn't love each other anymore. I knew it. I would not mess this up. The Moon Goddess gave me another chance. She gave it to me for a reason. Right?

            After Annabell found out the truth about her family it killed me that I couldn't comfort her. She deserved anything that she wanted. She wanted her family to be her birth family. She deserved a more normal life. She deserved to be happy, which I could tell she was not.

            When she was sitting out in that park I couldn't help but go over to her. She opened up to me and let me see a little into that cute stubborn head of her. I decided then that I wasn't going to push her. I was going to let her take her time. I would become her friend first. I would try to stop this possessive thing. I didn't want her to be unhappy. She deserved everything. I would be her friend, and hopefully one day she would forgive me. I needed her. It would take time though.

Annabell's POV

            After Jason went back to the table I left the restaurant. It was a stupid move, I know. I didn't want them thinking I was upset about them. I really wasn't. I just didn't want to be around their lovey doveyness. I was jealous, but not because I was in love with Jason. I was jealous because I wanted that. I still wanted to have my true mate love me. The whole time I was with Jason was great, but there was always that part of my brain that said "what if".

            What if Nate didn't reject me? What if we got together? What if my parents didn't die? What if both my sisters didn't die? What if I was never even the Great Wolf? What would my life be like? Would I be a normal Luna happy with my mate?

            Normal was so out of the question for me and it seemed boring, but sometimes I wanted to be normal as an easy way out. Being normal would have seemed like a blessing sometimes. I wouldn't seem like I was always hurting the people I loved. I would be living a normal life, or as normal as like can be for a werewolf.

            I mind linked Jason and told him I went for a walk. He immediately asked me if I was okay. I told him I was and no I wasn't upset about him and Abigail. I just needed to think more.

            I was walking down the street with my hands in my pockets. I realized I was heading towards Central Park. It was around nine now. The sun had just set and the darkness of the night should have been setting in.

            New York City was definitely the city that didn't sleep. Even though the sun had set it was still light out from all the street lamps, but artificial light. It was impossible to see the stars. Th business of life never seemed to stop here. People were always in a rush to get somewhere. The honking was always there. It was always alive and bustling.

            When I got to the park I looked around and saw that it was just couples taking romantic moonlit walks. Gag. I went to a bench that was under a tree and sat down. The week had been crazy.