Chapter 2- Gone

The blue wolf that tackled me got off of me and growled at me as if he were saying "stay put" and went into the trees. Out came a gorgeous guy. He must have been in his late teens or early twenties. He had golden brown hair that would catch light as he walked and piercing green eyes.

            Nothing like our mate's. My wolf grumbled still upset.

            Oh shut up. He rejected us. She stayed silent.

            "What are you doing here rogue?" The hot guy said gruffly. I noticed that two of the guys had shifted to their human form and the other two were sill in their wolf form ready to attack. I'm guessing that this guy was the alpha. Could my life get any worse?

            I just whined and bared my neck at him showing submission. Then I laid down and put my paws over my face.

            "Just get up and shift." The guy said. I got up and grabbed my duffle bag with my clothes. I walked into the forest and shifted quickly as I pulled on a sweatshirt and sweatpants, which was all my clothing. I nervously walked back out. They guys were surprised that I was a girl. Sometimes I wonder how dense guys are? Do they expect every rogue is a guy? That all the women are at home cooking, cleaning, and popping out babies? Could they not smell my feminine scent? At least I hoped I didn't have a guy smell.

            "What are you doing on the Wolfsbane Pack territory?" The guy who was the blue wolf, I'm guessing was the alpha, demanded. Wait sixty seconds! Wolfsbane Pack!

            We are in deep shit. My wolf said. Even she was trembling in my mind, normally she would be telling these people off in my head. The Wolfsbane Pack was the most powerful and feared pack in the whole continent. They were known for ripping rogues to shreds as soon as they saw them. How could I have not known that the pack I would have to pass through to get to L.A. was the Wolfsbane Pack! Stupid. stupid, stupid. I thought to my wolf. She nodded her head agreeing with me.

            "I'm sorry. I didn't know I was trespassing! I'm just trying to get to L.A. for a new start. My name is Annabell Marie Cooper." I said. My voice was trembling.

            "Like we haven't heard that one before?" One guy snorted. A couple of the guys chuckled at this.

            "Silence." The alpha said. Everyone quickly shut up. "So go on." He said to me.

            "Well I ran away from my pack, The Shadow Moon Pack." I told him.

            "Why would you want to become a rogue with the risks?" He asked me, actually sounded intrigued by this.

            "Well, everyone hated me there. My parents and little sister died five years ago and I'm blamed for it. I was the slave of the pack house, and people's punching bag when they were upset." I said looking at the forest floor twisting my hands nervously. "Our future alpha, Nate, well his eighteenth birthday was yesterday. He found his mate, me, and rejected me on the spot. He said I'd be better off gone. So I took his advice and left. Even my own brother hates me."