Chapter 23

Songs:

Broken-Hearted Girl: Beyonce

Heaven: Beyonce

Goodnight: Cher Lloyd

Under The Bridge: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Coldest Winter: Kanye West

Chasing Cars: Snow Patrol

How To Save A Life: The Fray

The Story: Sara Ramirez

A.J.'s POV

Monday morning. It had been about a week since the last time I had seen Harry, or talked to him. He eventually answered my text with one of his own that said "I'm sorry", but nothing after that. I didn't try to contact him either, I figured, either he was busy, promoting his new album with the guys, or he simply, didn't want to talk to me. Whatever it was, I didn't want to think too much about it. I wanted answers, but I wasn't ready for them. If I allowed myself, I'd just drive myself insane, going though the endless possibilities. This whole relationship thing was a headache. Or maybe it was just Harry.

"Why are you being all mopey and blah," my sister interrupted me as I stared at a picture of me with Harry at the zoo, which seemed so long ago rather than a few days.

I turned off my phone before dumping it on my bed, "I'm not "mopey and blah", I was just up late painting and I'm not ready to get out of bed yet," I said, patting the spot next to me.

I had already woken up hours before, but since everyone had been sleeping still and it was too cold to go out on a run; well, I still would have gone, but I didn't want to. She was right, I was being "mopey and blah".

She jumped on the bed, throwing herself face first. "Good, I thought you were regretting having mom and daddy over for the holiday week," she seemed to accept my excuse.

I shook my head. I wasn't regretting it per say, but I still didn't want to have to deal with them, or Olivia and Nina. "Of course not, what's the point of Thanksgiving if you don't have your family with you," I said with a genuine smile, referring to her, specifically.

"You know, I'm not a little girl anymore, our family coming over may not be what's bothering you, but something is," she said, taking the cross pendent from my chest in her fingers. "I don't know what happened between you two, but you should try to fix it."

I watched her as she examined the cross. "Everything is fine," I lied.

"Yeah, and we have the same dad," she joked. "I'm serious, you're my sister, my entire life you wanted me to be all that I could be, to love and not to live with hate in my heart, to express myself and by who I truly am. When are you going to lead by example? You obviously feel strongly about him, if you didn't, you wouldn't be in bed staring at pictures of him and getting sad."

"Wait, how did you know?"

"I have a super genius sister who taught me how to hack anything before I was able to ride a bike, so, I know things."

I watched her for a moment, she wasn't such a little girl anymore. She was starting to grow up and as much as I tried, I couldn't keep everything from her. As much as I wanted for her to stay a baby forever, I knew eventually she was going to grow up, I just wasn't sure if I was ready for it. What I really should have been concerned about was the fact that she had "hacked" my phone, but, I did teach her a thing or two while she was growing up, so it was my own damn fault, I couldn't complain. Actually I was sort of proud.

Before I knew what she was doing, my phone was in her hands dialing a number. I tried to take it back, but she jumped out of the bed, putting the phone on speaker.