chapter 3

Fievel came back to see the others, but just as he did, an alarm was rung outside to alert all of the mice in the area.

"What's that?" Atticus asked.

"It's a cat attack!" Papa cried once he recognized the alarm.

"Cat attack?" Mo asked.

Yasha hiked up closer to the girl in worry. The mice now had to flee away before any of the cats could get them.

"I'll face any of the cats that try to hurt any of us." Atticus said.

"That's brave of you, but ve have to move!" Mama told him, not knowing what he could do.

The mice laughed as they tried to make their escape. Tony Toponi even gathered his family together so they could get out, no way he was going to let his little mousling live in fear like this.

"Let's try not to be seen by any cats." Mo suggested.

Tiger saw the mice fleeing away, he looked very nervous and worried for them, being best friends with the rodent species either way.

"Well, look at it this way at least this can't get any worse." Mo said.

"Let's just hope we make it out alive!" Tanya cried as they were forced out of their home from the cat attack.

There was a brown cat in a red cloak with a hat and monocle and he was accompanied with a large spider.

"SPIDER!" Cherry shrieked, she was deathly afraid of those.

"Oh, no, Cherry is afraid of spiders." Atticus told the mouse family.

"Vhere is the spider?" Papa asked as they were still inside.

"Why those no-good ornery varmints!" Fievel snapped as he went to make the cats pay for scaring Tiger.

"Fievel, come back!" Papa called as Fievel was running off again.

Mo and Atticus decided to go after him so he wouldn't get hurt. Fievel took his blue hat off and changed it into a cowboy hat so he could make his fantasies of the Wild West come to life.

"Fievel, are you crazy?!" Atticus asked.

"Trust me, I know what I'm doin'!" Fievel was determined.

Mama shrieked as her only son was going off while there were cats outside.

"Oh, brother, I'll go after him and make sure none of those cats hurt him." Atticus said as he went after the young mouse.

"I'm going with you." Cherry followed after him.

Mo decided stay behind as she was the only one who was able to calm Yasha down at the moment.

One of the cats grinned evilly as he slammed his paw into the Mousekewitz home and destroyed it, making Papa cling to the edge, fearing for his life while the others were knocked out of their home in the rain.

"Fievel! Fievel!" Atticus called out.

Cherry followed after him so they could find the mouse and return him home. The cat saw the mother and two daughters alone and decided to go after them. Mo hugged Yasha while Mama held Tanya. They tried to get away, but no matter what, the cat would be near them. The cat laughed as he was hungry for them.

"I see yer missin' an eye, Pilgrim!" Fievel taunted as he looked more like the cowboy he had aspired to be now. "Now, this makes a fair fight!"

"Fievel, this is insane." Atticus said.

"You're gonna get hurt!" Cherry added.

"Hey, if Wylie Burp can do this, then so can I!" Fievel wasn't going to quit.