1. A Royal Rogue

THE BEGINNING

~A Royal Rogue~

Well it's not every day you get to see your own death advertised in the daily newspaper. Tonight at midnight I will be sprawled out in the middle of a dark alley with a gaping hole in my chest where my heart should be, and police will think I was just another gang war victim who had been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

However I knew it wouldn't be that, I knew I was being hunted. Again. The vision unfortunately cut off before I could pin point any vital information about my untimely demise.

It had been the same thing over and over again since I'd run away from court, but if you knew what I went through every waking minute you'd understand why I did it.

The silence that was covering my apartment was eerie and unnatural, I knew something was going to happen but I'd hoped for a little more time. I brushed my black hair out of my eyes again as I looked around. Girls shouldn't be put through this type of crap, I thought sarcastically as I scowled at the ghost behind me before turning back to my empty apartment.

"Okay, for the last time Arée. Where are you taking us?" The spook's voice echoed in my silent apartment, I looked over my shoulder and glared at him again.

"Would you just shut up for a moment so I can think!" I whispered as I fumbled through my room for a bag. I pulled one out from under my bed and turned to my cabinet behind me. I pulled out a change of underwear and clothes, I didn't really stop to check that they matched, I was a little preoccupied with worrying about saving my own skin.

There was a bang behind me and I scowled at the ghost still beside me, "I swear to god Aiden, you make any more noise and I'm getting rid of you!" I whisper yelled as I ran to my bedroom window, the sheer drop in front of me made me scowl again, I hated jumping.

The spook jittered to a stop beside me, "That wasn't me."

"What do you mean that wasn't-" I stopped, "Oh shit." The ghost that had once been beside me disappeared.

The banging behind me got louder and more urgent, I let my senses roam out and I chuckled to myself. Three vampires were currently hacking at my door, three very young and weak vampires. I stopped in my tracks surprised at how irresponsible the Wardens had become if they thought three young vampires could take out an elder and a unique one at that.

I opened the window as far as it would go and grimaced. The gap between my apartment and the building beside it was very minimal, which meant this is going to hurt like a bitch. I threw the bag over my shoulder and jumped out onto my window sill.

"Okay who have you pissed off now?" Aiden floated in front of me, his corporeal state was almost opaque to me.

I growled but answered him anyway, "Dain, again." I looked around to make sure no homeless people had hidden away in the alley beneath me. The place and darkness was silent, unlike my apartment.

I jumped.

The buildings on either side of me scratched against my skin and I growled in my throat, the pain was nothing much but it irritated me slightly. The ground was beneath my feet quicker than I realised it would and I stumbled forward a bit, very un-vampire like I know but I'd had a very long day. Literally seeing your death then having to run from your very race is kind of tiring. Especially if you've been doing the same kind of thing for about a century and a half.

"Come on, Arée." Aiden called in front of me pulling me from my thoughts. A bang just above me made my head snap up to see shadows cascading out of my apartment. I sighed and began to slowly jog in a random direction, "I think we need to head over to Eddie's!" The spook called behind me as his body shifted in the night air.

"Where do you think I'm heading, Aiden!" I growled, "I've had enough of this, Dain needs to pull his head out of his fucking ass and I'm going to help him do it!" I grumbled as I speed walked in the general direction of the downtown bars. Yeah that's right, me a big time vamp is currently running towards a down town human bar. Cliché much?

"Ermm, I don't think that's going to be such a good idea." Aiden skimmed in front of me and I didn't stop in time and I passed right through him. My body began to tingle from head to toe and I stopped moving abruptly.

"Aiden, how many times do I have to tell you! Don't do that!" I turned exasperated. He skipped around me and stood in front of me again.

"Well shut up and listen for a moment. Like I was saying, I don't think that's going to be such a good idea. For one thing how many years has he got on you, two...even three centuries!" He threw his hands up into the air, "He will be wiping the floor with your head before you even get within sniffing distance of him!" He shouted.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" I sneered, and tipped my head to the side. The spook in front of me sighed.

I felt my eyes haze over and I cocked my eyebrow, "Remember Aiden, I have my Momma's genes. Even if she was a totally useless Mother at least she came in handy with the powers. Even Daddy gave me some interesting attributes." I smirked and felt my eyes glaze back to normal. Technically I wasn't all vampire, I was also half Lycan.

"Yeah but what part of 'he's older and will eat you for breakfast' do you not understand?" Aiden screeched then wielded around and floated in the direction of Eddie's.

"We'll see, Spook. We'll see." I murmured and knew he'd be able to hear me. We turned another corner and the noise got physically louder, we were nearing the clubs now. I followed him silently as I skipped over broken bottles and god knows what else that inhabited the foul smelling alleyways.

My nose was accustomed to the strong smell but for any other vampire that had to travel these parts they would have one bad experience coming there way.

But the music that was radiating from the buildings around us abused my ears and I strained to listen for any on coming and unwelcome vampires.

~Please Vote and Comment. I hope you all enjoy it, i havent upload in ages because i havent felt totally committed to any of my other stories like i have this one. But i do hope to be able to look back on my other stories and hopefully finish them some time soon. Thanks for reaqding again : ) ~

xxxx