Chapter 20

Link’s POV

            I watched amazed at how Nyx was able to slumber so peacefully after all we’ve been through, but then again after what we’ve been through I can actually see why. My fingers ran through her soft hair and I slowly leaned back on the bed so to not wake her. I moved her head to where she laid on my chest and I myself slowly fell into a deep sleep yet I was not granted the idea of a dream for my slumber came to quick and I welcomed the fact of darkness that would allow my body rest.

            The next morning I woke up to the bright light of the sun through the open window. The light burned my eyes just a little bit and I went to sit up not feeling the weight of Nyx and it frightened me. I panicked and quickly sat up looking around myself to spot where she might have gone. Fear built up within me at the thought that the boy from the desert, my darker self had come and taken her from me while I slept. I got up and looked all around me from the inside of the Inn to the outside from the path leading up to Death Mountain to the spirit spring. I sadly gave up and sat on the steps of the Inn thinking I was right and Nyx had once again gotten taken from me.

            “Hey Link, why do you look so down?”I heard Nyx’s voice behind me ask the question. I sprung to my feet and wrapped my arms around her tightly.

            “Nyx! By the goddesses… you had me worried… where were you?” I asked her concerned. Then I noticed the fact that her hair was wet.

            “Renado told me of a place where I could take a bath in peace…” She answered and I released her.

            “Speak of a bath… boy do you need one” she said joking and grabbed my hand dragging me off in a random direction.

            “Where are we going?” I asked her.

            “I’m taking you to the place so you can take a bath as well” she answered. I looked at her like she was crazy but followed anyway I have no clue why.

                                                            Nyx’s POV

            After showing Link how to get to the bathing area I had just come from I left Link his old clothes I had traveled to get without him knowing of course since I didn’t want him worrying. I took his Hero’s tunic to clean it out when I sensed a familiar presence around me and I wanted to ignore but knew that wouldn’t work out to well either.

            “Well look who it is… doing her boyfriends laundry like a good little girl” a dark voice said me close to my ear. I looked down and kept at my work not talking to him.

            “Come now master don’t treat me like that” Dark said not liking being ignored. I sighed and put the laundry in a basket and stood up to walk away when he grabbed my arm and took my basket.

             “What do you want this time?!” I hissed at him reaching for the basket only for him to hold it out of my reach.

            “Just hear me out” he said placing the basket back in my hands. I looked at him and then around me and gestured for him to follow me. He took me into a cave near the spirit spring and sat down on the ground.

            “Explain now!”I demanded crossing my arms across my chest.

            “Nyx… I wanted to warn you… Zant has many plans ahead for you and Link… what he did in that prison I had no clue of and when I saw what he did it made me furious!” He growled out. His fist clenched tightly making me think twice about what I thought of him just for a minute but then it vanished.