Dial M for Mycroft

A day later, John awoke in Baker Street, but now he no longer had a feeling of loneliness.

There were noises coming from the kitchen. John smiled. Sherlock.

He walked into the kitchen and saw a sight he never thought he'd see. Sherlock sitting at the table in the kitchen eating. Yes eating.

"You decided to join us then." Said Sophie. She was wearing skinny jeans and an apron.

"You got him to eat!" Said John astounded. "I've only seen him eat twice in the time I've known him."

Sophie smiled and served up a plate of eggs and bacon and put it in front of John. Then her phone started to ring. She gave an apologetic look to us and answered the phone.

"Hello... Kate... Ok calm down... Can't it wait... Really... Is he alright? Ok I'll be there in five." She hung up the phone and untied the apron. "Right I'll be back later. See you."

She scooped up her bag and left.

"You gonna eat that?" Asked Sherlock as he polished off the last of his plate.

She jumped into the seat of her Aston and tore through the streets of the city. She reached St. James in record time. No identification was needed she just drove straight up the garden path. Her client was waiting.

"Where is he?" She said stepping out of the car.

"He's in the study." The client answered leading the way through the vast palace, "He says he won't come out for anyone."

Sophie laughed. "He'll come out don't worry." They reached the study and Sophie knocked briskly on the door.

"I'm not coming out Kate." Said the voice on the other side.

"Harry it's me open up." She said. This was not a statement but a command. Clearly the person on the other side of the door knew this as the door swung, obediently, open.

Later on in the day John was still in Baker Street. The clinic hadn't needed him and Sherlock left muttering something about a twisted lip. He picked up a news paper and started to flick through when he heard the front door shut.

"Did you find him then?" He shouted out the door.

"Find who?" Asked Sophie walking through the door.

"Oh I though you were..."

"Sherlock." She finished, "No such luck I'm afraid John."

She came in and threw her bag on a chair. She rooted through and brought out a black bound note book with a silver pen attached to it by a strip of the same black leather.

"Can I borrow you phone?" She asked.

John surrendered his phone to her, and was about to leave when she said,

"Don't go. I need a witness any way." She was rapidly putting in numbers and the dialled. The phone was sitting on the coffee table, on speaker phone. She was poised with her phone recording the conversation.

"Donavan," said the phone.

"Hello Sally can you put Lestrade on for me?" Said Sophie.

John was sitting looking astounded at her. How had she gotten Sally number and what on earth was she playing at?

"Who's calling?" Said Sally.

"Just tell him M he'll know." She said. The already confused doctor was confused more by this strange turn of events.

The phone was passed over and after a considerable amount of time, Lestrade came on the phone saying.

"Mycroft I told you not to ring me at work." His voice a hushed whisper, Sophie was scribbling furiously at what was being said, "Look I love you and everything but interrupting my work to chat isn't on. We can talk later at home but not now. Ok?"