Too late.

You're standing outside of Daves aparement. "What just happened?" you ask yourself. You look around. Everything seems to have gone quiet. You try the turn the doorknob, but the door is locked. All of a sudden, everything flows back to you. The car wreck, Dave being an emotional mess. You're worried that he may have gone and done something stupid. You begin to push and bash your fists into the door furiously screaming his name. You remember that he usually keeps a key in his car, but the car was completly demolished. He had been walking since the accident. You run to the apartment next to you and knock on their door. You ask them is they have a screw driver. You were going to unscrew the hinges on the door. Luckly, they did. You carried on with your plan. Once the door was off, you ran into Daves room, which was also locked. "God damn it!" you screamed and kicked the door. You unscrewd the hinges on his door and rushed inside only to see his lifeless body sprawled out on the floor with his katana in hand. You collappsed to your knees and began to cry. You scoot over to his body and hold him in your arms, your tears dripping from your cheeks onto his face. You couldn't help but to think that this was your fault, but then you got to thinking, maybe he blamed this all on himself, and he just reached his breaking point. You bent down and kissed him softly on the lips.