Chapter 17

A/N: Do you see this? Do you? Do you? Weekly updates?! I know, I can't believe it either.
Please tell me what you think down in the comments. How do you like this chapter?
My goodness, I'm so anxious about what will happen next! Btw, you should be too ;)

Anna's POV

"Good morning sunshine!"

I screamed at him, opening the tent flat and letting the strong sunrays reflect over his pale white skin.

"It's almost lunch, lazy boy and I'm dying for a hike."

I had woken up almost one hour ago and already washed, prepared breakfast and went for a short walk to the river. It was time for him to join me in my camping adventure as well.

He yawned twice and stretched his long arms, crawling in order to get out of our dome tent.

"Why so grumpy, my little cat?" I asked him amused by his sad face.

"If I didn't love you... I'd so hate you..."

Ha!

***

The intensity of the sun was making my skin burn, for I had opted for a pair of short jeans and a white tank top. It was midday but our day was only beginning. Andrew carefully wiped our sunglasses while I packed some snacks and water. Soon we were ready for the trip I had planned for the day.

We started at the river and then decided to follow its course until we'd reach the bottom of the mountain. The paths were easy to walk on , but the unbearable heat was making every move feel uncomfortable. We climbed the "not so tall" mountain (at first, Andy was not impressed by its heigh, but later on, he was complaining at every step) through the thick forest and we eventually reached its top, place from where we had a magnificent view over the area.

We finally paused to rest and wipe our sweat off.

"Maaan, I'm exhausted already! And when I think we need to go back all this way..."

"Stop complaining and enjoy this stunning view!"

We went closer to the edge of the cliff and admired the green valley lying below us. The surroundings were splendid, the air was so fresh that you could feel the smell of the young grass blades. The birds were flying calmly across the pure blue sky. The peaceful atmosphere was enhanced by Andy's body glued to mine, his pointy chin touching the top of my head. I was wearing my old turquoise Converses, which made me look and feel like a dwarf next to Snow White Andrew.

We ate some chips, rested for a while and eventually left the place and  descended the mountain.

"Let's go swimming!"

Andrew's proposal took me aback. We couldn't stay still for a moment. We had the adventure spirit in our blood, as well as the will to live life to the fullest in the shortest amount of time. This weird feeling was driving both of us insane. The adrenaline and all the weird hormones which were running abundantly through our bodies made us react differently than we normally would. This is exactly why I undressed from my shorts and top and was on the point of jumping in the shallow river with Andrew.

I started laughing as he splashed me from inside the water, beckoning me to join him.

"I'm coming! Just let me tie my hair."

No way for him to listen. The very next second he ran out of the river and came next to me. I was still a bit unsure about the amount of clothes I had to renounce to. My pastel yellow flowers bra was not matching at all with the turquoise bikinis but, for all I cared, Andrew wasn't going to reproach me a thing.