Chapter 16

A/N: Heyyyyy, remember me??? This is the first update in months and I'm so sorry. I've had some kind of block and loooooots of work (senior year is a bitch) but I'm back in business guys, I promise! I've got soooo many ideas I need to write down but time is the only problem.

Anyways, thank you for your support and enjoy this chapter! Don't forget to tell me what you think down in the comments!

Andrew's POV

"How the heck am I supposed to set this up??"

I could not understand a single picture of the instructions of that damned tent and nature seemed to be against me in everything I tried to do.

"Annaaaaa!"

I screamed like a child calling his mother angrily because he was hungry. And that was not far from true. I was indeed hungry and couldn't wait for the sausages we were going to grill.

"I'm coming!"

She had gone pick up sticks for the fire while my duty was seemingly simple, to mount that stupid tent up. She eventually showed up, carrying an armful of firewood. Her reaction seeing me was priceless, as she burst into crazy laughter noticing me sitting disappointed on a log, waiting for her help.

"I'm helpless and clumsy and can't understand a thing."

"Do you think I'm more qualified than you to fix this?"

"Well, I guess nor music academy, nor law school qualify you for this, but you should give it a try. I believe in you."

"I still can't believe I'm doing this instead of you."

She moved like she had set up hundreds of tents thus far, picking up pieces, connecting the poles and instructing me to do that, sit there, pull that, give her that.

"You would make an excellent engineer!" I admired her after we rose the tent way faster than I had expected.

"Oh, please. I did this once with my father years ago and still remember, it's not a big deal. Now let's stake it to the ground"

"You remember, you always remember. It's like you have lived ten lives already with so many things you have in your brain! Like really, we, normal people, should I call us like that, forget so many things, so many days of our lives, but you..."

"You jealous?"

"I don't know. But your gift is not worth anyone but your angelic being, my dear."

I loved how he considered my condition a gift. But the more I was thinking, the more I could agree with him. It really was more like a skill I was born with.

We ate chips and drank rum as we were waiting for the sausages to grill on the fire. I found a very comfortable log and carried it all the way to out campsite, where we sat on it by the fire.

"Is getting cold, isn't it? I'll go get the blankets"

Our thin flannels could not keep with the weather anymore. We had chosen them that morning, thinking that matching red flannels would perfectly enhance our happy couple camping adventure. I returned to Anna, who was looking aimlessly at the fire. I knew I had no clue about what was going on in her mind, so I just wrapped both of us in the old patched blanket. She smiled when I sat next to her, which made me figure she was awake.

We ate in silence, as if we were hiding and even the smallest of sounds coming from our mouths could give us away. I was used to Anna's moments, when she would just look at me in silence, awe and bewilderment. She would analise me closely with her emerald green eyes, making me feel vulnerable but yet worth her attention. What was it that she was seeking in me in those moments?

"Favourite Beatles song!"

Her outbursts surprised and scared me. What?

"Erm... Blackbird" I said automatically.

"Adele or Taylor Swift?"

"That's gotta be Adele"

"French kiss or French fries?"

"Anna, what kind of game is it?"

"I'm interviewing you. Now answer the question."

"You're hilarious. But for the sake of it, I'd say that they go hand in hand. Okay, not at the same time, you get it. But I love both."

"Well, you don't have French fries right now."

"Too bad. I'll have to do with the kiss."

I pulled her closely to me and pressed my frozen lips to hers, which tasted like rum. The atmosphere suddenly heated up. She was so gentle, so delicate in every move of hers that I did not realise she was already upon me, twisting her soft body over mine.

She withdrew slowly and cuddled back next to me, nuzzling her nose in my chest. I took her small hand in mine and wrapped my other arm lovingly around her, caressing her long reddish hair. I swear that for a moment the whole world stopped. Our embrace continued for what felt like forever. The silence of the night was only accentuating the mystery of the nature, the enigmatic presence of the person I loved so much who was standing still in my arms. I was unworthy. Unworthy of loving such a perfect creature rarely seen, such a flawless being who was more than my sinful self ever deserved. Unworthy of the beauty of the moment, of the virginity of nature and of the pureness of Anna's unstained soul.

I held her even closer, hiding my face in her long wavy hair which was so soft, I could've sworn it was made of silk. Our moment was disturbed by the hoots of an owl sitting in a tree in the vicinity.

"I heard a hoot... In the woods somewhere"

Anna started to sing a distorted version of my song, which made me laugh instantly, causing my chest to vibrate. I tried to stop, convinced that the sensation was not very pleasurable for her.

"Don't tell me you're not impressed" she boasted.

"You so ruined the mood" I said ironically.

"What?" She asked nonchalantly. "I want to live adventurously, I've had enough of exquisiteness and sophistication."

"You're making no sense, let's go to sleep."

The rum must have taken its toll on both of us.