What is Love... Exactly? [prologue]

HEY MY LOVELY READERS. 

SO I WAS THINKING THESE PAST DAYS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS STORY HAVE A BETTER PLOT.

AND I'VE DECIDED TO ADD DIARY ENTRIES TO THIS STORY TO MAKE IT SHOW MORE FEELINGS OF A SPECIFIC CHARACTER.

SO HERE IS THE VERY OFFICIAL BEGINNING OF WHAT IS LOVE... EXACTLY?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diary,

Today, Belle went out with her boyfriend. It's not fair because we had this girl's night all planned out. We were gonna finish out homework together and then go shopping for some new back-to-school clothes.

But nooooo, she had to cancel our plan on the last minute because of her stupid boyfriend.

I don't get why she would choose her boyfriend over me when they go out all the time. I mean, we're best friends. We've always went out together on Fridays. 

I don't get how she would still go back to that adulterous boyfriend of her's. Just last week, she found out that he was still texting his ex and even went out with her a couple of times.

I don't get what makes' love such a powerful thing. Even more powerful than friendship. 

I don't even get love at all. I mean, I've never experienced love before.

Well... if you think about it, I did have some crushes before but that' nothing like love. Love is probably something like fireworks compared to my crushes. My crushes are just flickering lightbulbs next to those fireworks.

What is love anyway? Is it like something so strong that you would catch a grenade for that person? Will you take a bullet for them?  Will you die for them? So many questions about this one thing.

I've heard that love is painful. Heart break is always the result of love. There will always be two options in love. Break up, or get married. What a narrow topic. 

Love.

It's just hearts and roses. Plus hugs and holding hands. And partying during Valentines Day. And getting fat from all those disgusting chocolate. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate. And rings and babies.

Ugh, babies. I hate babies. Such annoying loud creatures.

But you can't really define the meaning of love. Right?

"The only way to know what love is to look into your heart." said my sister once. She's in college now and it's been so long since I've talked to her. She's going out with this really attractive boy. He's eveything a girl would want.

Smart. Kind. Funny. Strong. Athletic. 

Love, what a difficult thing to describe. 

Pain, or pleasure? 

Both?

I really don't know. 

I guess to love and being loved are two different things.

I want to be loved. I want to be the one whoes recieving the flowers. I want to be the one eating the chocolates. I want to be the one holding hands with the boy I love. I want to be the one hugged by him.

I dont want to be the one that loves someone and have a one sided love. To be the one giving flowers doesn't make you special. Niether does being the one that gives away the chocolates. To be the one wanting to hold hands whenever we're walking in the hallway makes me looks so desperate. 

Love should be a wonderful feeling right? 

Or maybe it's just a waste of time.

Whatever Love is, I just hope i can figure it out soon. 

Love, 

Selena Philips

P.S. Oh dear God. I used Love at the ending. But that's okay. Because you know that I love you with all my heart. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO HERE'S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU'LL SEE IN THE FUTURE CHAPTERS.

SO ENJOY AND BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORY:

I LOVE... LUKE?

LUV YOU ALL AND ENJOY... THAT'S LIKE THE SECOND TIME I SAID THAT. 

OH WELL :D