Chapter Three

Roommates: Chapter Three

Calum lifted his feet onto the coffee table, throwing an arm over my shoulder, "Speaking of boyfriends, Ashton said he could set you up with his roommate, he says he seems like he's your type, you know, dark hair, pale, bright eyes, adorable giggle, oh and he has his lip pierced!" I perked up a little, lip rings on guys were really the hottest things ever, I had been trying to convince Luke to get one for years but he was too chicken.

"Really? Ask Ashton when." I was starting to get excited; maybe trying to move on from Luke would be what's best for me and for our friendship.

"Oh he said something about meeting him next Saturday night at the Beta Gamma Fraternity-"

Luke's head shot up as he interrupted Calum. "Actually, we are having a movie night next Saturday."

I raised my eyebrow at him. "Um, since when?"

"Since I said so, I thought you wanted to hang out?" I bit my lip, I had wanted to spend time with Luke like how it was before Rose, but I also really needed to move on and get over these feelings for him.

I looked up to see my two best friends staring at me, Calum expecting me to take up his offer on the date with Ashton's roommate and Luke expecting me to blow off the date to spend it with him. I knew what I should do and I knew what I wanted to do, the problem was that they were two different answers.

"So what are your plans for Saturday night then?" Calum pushed me while Luke just gave me an expecting smile and a wink; he wasn't making my decision easier, not at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The week flew by and before I knew it, it was Saturday. I was standing in front of my wardrobe trying outfit after outfit, nothing looked right on me, everything felt too dressy for a movie night with Luke and now my room looked like a tornado had hit it, clothes strewn everywhere.

I could feel myself getting antsy, my hands twitching with the need to clean everything up, I absolutely hated when things were left messy. I couldn't even sleep when the corner of the sheets on my bed had rolled up let alone surrounded by the current state of my room. Pushing the thought away for another time, I focused back on my mission, what the hell do I wear?

Finally settling on a pair of black skinny jeans and red and white Weezer shirt, I grinned at my reflection in the mirror.  My newly dyed red hair being one of my favorites that I had dyed out of the many colours in the past. I was finally starting to feel like myself.

There was knock on my room door before Luke made his way in, throwing himself on my bed and laying with his hands behind his head. I bit my lip and forced myself to look away from him; his shirt had risen slightly as he raised his hands, a sliver of pale skin showing just at his hip. Shaking my head I looked back toward my outfit and focused on buttoning my jeans.

"So I picked a few of your favorites, the Hangover, Stepbrothers, Mean girls.."

I smiled as he started listing the movies, I was glad that I had chosen to spend my Saturday with Luke like the old times rather than a date with a stranger. We rarely get any time alone together anymore, so it was something I wouldn't skip out on. I realized that I had zoned out, and Luke was still talking.

"..but I also picked The Notebook because Rose would have a fit sitting through Stepbrothers" Luke stated, rolling his eyes.

My smile fell, cocking my head to the side, "Wait, Rose?"

Luke shrugged, "Yeah, you know..my girlfriend? I invited her along, thought it would be fun, that's okay with you right?"

I should have known, of course he didn't mean having a movie night together on a Saturday, alone. Of course he would invite his girlfriend, maybe end up making out with her before they make their way to his room and I'm forgotten once again.

I sighed, spinning around towards my wardrobe again and grasping my black leather jacket, shaking my head. "Actually, I'm going on a date. With that guy Ashton was setting me up with tonight. You guys have fun."

I was out the door before Luke had a chance to say anything, don't look back Michael, just keep walking with your head held high.

I won't let this hurt me anymore.