Chapter 2

The next day Samara was nowhere to be found. Missing posters had been plastered all over the school. All of the posters bore Samara’s face. Apparently she had never showed up at her house after school the day before. Adrianna shivered at the thought. She may have been the last person to see her.

 The bell rang, and she proceeded to her next class. Taking her seat, she glanced up. Sitting where the creepy girl had sat yesterday, was someone new. She also stared at Adrianna. Adrianna stared back. The girl had long blonde hair, tied up in a ponytail. Her facial features were practically perfect. Not one freckle or blemish. She could barely make out the color of her eyes. They were baby blue. Just like Samara’s. A shiver ran up her spine, and she broke eye contact with the girl.

  Several days passed by. Each day, a new girl went missing. Each day, a new girl sat in the seat of the previous one. They all stared. Soon, the search for the first few missing girls was called off. Many of them were described as runaways. Adrianna didn’t like it here very much. The bell rang, and she hurried out. A boy named Jasper had a locker next to hers. She opened her locker door, and put up her books for the day. She sighed, and turned to Jasper.

  “Hey Jasper?”

  “Yeah?” He said, without glancing up.

  “Who’s that girl sitting next to Maya?”

  A surprised look came across his face, then he smirked. “Nice joke, Adrianna. No one sits next to Maya.”

 Adrianna gasped. She hurried out of the school building, and ran to her house. She had gotten about halfway there, and took her shortcut. She had recently discovered a little alleyway. It cut out about half of her walk home. She turned to the right, and headed down the dark, narrow alley. A sudden chill ran up her spine. She could see her own breath. Glancing back, she saw the girl from the school. Adrianna began to panic. A smirk ran up the girl’s face, and she began to laugh maniacally. Then it all went black.