Chapter 1

This town was small. Too small. Adrianna was used to big towns. Towns that had shops  and malls. This town didn’t have much at all. It had a few gas stations and one little grocery store. It was too boring for her, and she hadn’t even gone to school yet. She was getting ready for it now. She picked out a random t-shirt and jeans, and quickly pulled them on. She began to tie her shoes, when she glanced at her clock. 7:30. The bell at the high school rang at 8:00! She quickly gathered her things, and took off out the front door.

 The school was completely, and utterly boring. Just like the town. It wasn’t even very big. The walls were white, the floors were white, and the lockers were a light gray. The people looked boring. Every now and then there would be a normal looking person, but other than that, the crowd was a little odd. Sure there were the jocks, the cheerleaders, and the nerds, but they all gave her a slight uneasiness.

 The school day passed without much incident. She wasn’t paid much attention, but there was one thing that gave her the creeps. A girl that sat on the other side of the classroom from her in a few of her classes kept staring at her. If she caught her staring, she wouldn’t even pretend to do something else. She just kept staring. Adrianna couldn’t get this off of her mind. She sighed and started to walk home.

 “Hiya!”

 Startled, she looked up. A girl about her age had walked up beside her. She had long black hair, and pretty, baby blue eyes.

 “I’m Samara! What’s your name?”

 “Adrianna.”

 Samara held out her hand. Adrianna shook it and smiled. They talked on the way home and agreed to hang out at school tomorrow. Adrianna happily walked into her house. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad out here after all. She smiled to herself.