Stupid

This is my first fic about Dan and Blair! So, I hope is not completely horrible… haha

Sorry for my English, I tried to do my best, but I guess there would be some mistakes..

Hope you like it! :)

*****

Yeah, he was pretty stupid sometimes. A lot more lately. Even worse when it had anything to do with Blair.

Blair Waldorf. The girl he had disliked the most for the past years. The girl he had told his father that was evil. The dictator of taste. Chuck´s Blair. The girl that did smell really good.

“Is this really happening?” Dan asked himself.

Yes, it was happening. If he had been told a few years back, or just a couple of months, he would have never believed it. Dan Humpfrey? Crushing on Blair Waldorf? No way. But there he was, asleep, laying on his bed, unable to sleep, thinking of her.

Not only her, but how stupid he had been. It wasn´t bad enough having to hear her say that his kiss had meant “less than nothing” but now he was helping her with a new conquest. The French Prince. Couldn´t he stay in Paris and date a princess or something?

No, he had to come to NYC to look for Blair with a shoe! Wake up, Prince! This is not Cinderella! He felt like punching him. Hurting his perfect royal face. And he always though he was a peaceful man… I guess he was wrong.

“Was it really happening?” He asked himself again. Was he really jealous of Blair´s choice? Jealous of every man that would just look at her? Yes he was. And again, he was totally dumb.

Tomorrow he would have to go shopping with her looking for a suit he would wear for the Pink Party. To go with her? Yes, but only as her cover so the Prince’s parents would suspect. And if that wasn’t enough, he was going to have to kiss her.

Yes, kiss her. Again. And as much as he was willing to do so (why lie to himself anymore?) he didn’t want to do it so she could be with another guy. He wants her all for himself. He didn’t care if people thought he was selfish. Not at all.

He didn’t care anymore what Serena would think. Or Chuck. Or Vanessa. Or even his dad. For once he was sure of what he wanted.

HER

*****

Dan woke up in the morning with a big headache. Last night was definitely not a good one. He wanted to hide so he wouldn’t have to face his fears. He didn’t feel he was strong enough to win over Blair. But he had to. Or he would regret it the rest of his life.

Someone knocked the door.

Dan went to open the door just to see Eric smiling at the door.

“Hey, man. How are you doing? I brought coffee” he said. “You really look like you need some”

“I bet” he answered. “Come on in”

“I hope you don’t mind me coming here by surprise. And before you say anything, I have to tell you that I came for a good cause”

“A good cause?”

“Yeah, I know you really like Blair. You didn´t fool me the other day. So I came here to listen to you. I’m sure that there’s not many people you can talk about this” Eric said

He was right. A Humpfrey falling for a Waldorf was not something easy to tell people.

“Okay… I could really use someone to hear me out.”

“But I want something in exchange” Eric said smiling. “Pancakes, plis?”

All the talk with Eric helped him to order his feelings and to realize that he had been stupid. But that was actually nothing new. He should have told Blair what he had felt with thatkiss. He had been a coward, and now… he wasn’t sure of what he was going to do.

*****

And there he was. Shopping with Blair Waldorf. He was definitely an idiot.

“Do you mind, Humpfrey? I don’t have all day!” Blair yelled at one point. “Can you please go in there and try it on?”

“I don’t like pink” Dan said looking at the tie and shirt Blair had chosen for him.

“Every day you amaze me more, Brooklyn. Do you have any idea of why it is called the “Pink Party”? Pink? Does it ring a bell?”

“Easy, Blair, I was just teasing you. But I see you are not in a good mood” Dan said with a smile. “Aren’t you supposed to be really happy because a Prince came all the way from Paris because of you?”

Blair smiled. Again, so stupid.

“I know, Humpfrey, but you are just getting on my nerves” she said.

She had such a beautiful smile. And she smelled so good.

“Humpfrey! Wake up! Go try that on!”

He did as she said. Like if there was any other option with Blair Waldorf.

Next chapter will be about what happens at the party! It would probably not me based on the 4x19 seeing how blair/dair relationship is going to… but it would depend on tonight’s episode!

I hope you liked it. Let me know if there’s things you think I should change. Please review! Even if it’s just an smiley face! It would make me really happy.

Sorry again for my English.