Chapter Ten

"She wants to prove that girls can do better at snowball fights than boys," Konkuro spoke from the adjacent living room.

  I laughed, glad that was the case, "You guys are childish," but nonetheless I pulled my coat and boots on.

  At this Konkuro pointed, "Gaara, you're with me."

  Gaara didn't respond but grabbed his coat and boots also.

  Once outside we got on either side of the snow covered lawn, boys vs girls style.

  "Start building a fort, [Y/N]. I'll cover you," Temari bellowed, already forming snowballs.

  A few minutes in and I built cover being enough for both of us but only if we were on our knees.

  "Now what?" I asked, leaning against the shielding.

  "Throw snowballs, [Y/N]."

  Right. I peaked over the two a few feet, so it shouldn't be that hard to hit them.

  I formed a snowball and rose to my feet to aim but stopped midway in a crouch, debating on who I should hit. Gaara and I just started a relationship. If I hit him in the face I don't know how he'd feel.

  Just as I decided to aim for Konkuro, Gaara smirked as he threw a snowball my way. I barely missed it, side stepping.

  I returned his smirk, him being my new target. It was fun, until I got pelted with an iceball by Konkuro.

  A cry escaped my lips as I covered my mouth, which seemed to stop the fight completely. They must've seen the blood coloring my snow covered glove because they started to panic.

  "No no no! I'm okay! Continue the fight without me. I'm rooting for you, Temari!"

  I hurried inside, not bothering to take my boots off. I'd rather have water on the floor than blood.

 In front of the sink, I held my hair back with my not-bloody glove and drained the blood from my mouth.

  "Let me see," I heard Gaara speak from behind.

  I turned and opened wide, careful not to let any blood drip on the floor.

  "Your teeth are okay, your gums are scraped though. Here, swish this around in your mouth," Gaara said, handing me a cup of water.

  I did as told then spit in the sink. I was handed a wet rag to put between my lip and gums. It will help stop the bleeding.

  Gaara wouldn't stop staring at me. He looked amused.

  "Waph?" it was hard to talk properly with a rag in my mouth.

  "I don't think I've ever seen you look so innocent."

  "Fo?"

  "You should show this side more often," Gaara mumbled, placing a hand on my lower back and pulling me towards him.

  After tugging the rag out of my mouth, Gaara leaned forward. I felt my breath hitch and my cheeks burn. I knew what was coming: a kiss on the lips!! The lips, not on the cheek or forehead, on the lips! I know I'm freaking out but I can't help it.

  It felt like it took forever for his lips to connect with mine. I closed my eyes and tried to calm my racing heart. I kissed back and tossed my arms around his neck.

 Once agian, our moment was ruined by Temari. She walked into the kitchen, grinning like a madman with a red and wet Konkuro trailing her.

  What's goin' on in here?" Temari beamed, grinning a sly grin.

  "We're dating," Gaara stated blankly.

  "Why's Konkuro all wet?" I asked the still grinning Temari, hoping to change the subject before she got too excited.

  "We found out who's better at snowball fights."

  "Oh."

  "Yeah. Anyway, [Y/N], its gonna start storming. You should get home before your mom starts worrying. Gaara, you can walk her home and tell her mother what's going on between you two."

  With that both Gaara and I were pushed outside.

A/N: Feeling somewhat confident about this chapter. I hope you guys like the story so far. Love you guys!!