Harder Than You Think

I woke up to the sound of rocks hitting my window.  This anger me very much.  I dragged myself out of my bed and to my window where I slid it open.  The window didn't have screen so just as I opened it all the way I was hit by a rock.

"Ow," I winced.

"Oh sorry, Taylor!" the guy called up to me.  Taylor?  Who the hell is Taylor?

"Hey buddy, I think you have the wrong house!" I called down to him angrily.

"Taylor? Is that you?"

"No it's Macey!  And you've disturbed my pleasant dreams so you better get lost before I come down and kick your butt!"

"Hmmm, do you like peanut butter and Jelly?" he asked.

"I'm allergic to grapes."

"Really?" he asked amazed.

"No," I told him and went to slam my window shut.

"Wait!" he yelled and I paused.  "I have a couple sandwhich's that I'm aparently going to be eating by myself if you'd like to join me."

"I don't like peanut butter and jelly."

"Well good, because they're tuna!" he grinned and he'd really nailed it.  I loved tuna.  How could I resist.

"Then why'd you ask me about peanut butter and jelly?" I asked him confused trying to fight the urge.

"Why'd you say you were allergic to grapes?"  I rolled my eyes.

"I'll be right down," I mumbled.

He was sitting in my front lawn when I walked out my front door.

"Hey Macey," he said as I gave him an uncertain glare.  He patted a seat on the grass next to him and I sat down cautiously.  He handed me a sandwich I smelled it just to make sure he hadn't poinsoned it.

"Who awe oo aon rhye awe oo iving me puna?" I asked with my mouthful.  He understood me.  This kid was astonishing!

"I'm Jackson and I like to tuna so why not share the love?" he asked taking a bite of his sandwich.  "We should make this a daily event."

"No, we really should'nt," I replied.

"You have to admit though, it's a great first date."  I choked on a bit of tuna.

"This isn't a date," I clarified.

"How is it not?  We're eating tuna under the stars.  It's the best experience a person could have!"

"First of all, I could sit out here by myself eating tuna.  It doesn't make it a date.  Second, we're not even friends," I told him, biting off another piece of the sandwich.  He gasped.

"I give you a tuna sandwich and you don't even consider us friends?"  I yawned, acting unamused.

"Yeah, pretty much."

"I feel completely offended, consider yourself unwanted!"

"Trust me Jackson, I already have.  Shouldn't you be in bed?" I asked him.

"I'm not ten," he whined.

"You go around hitting people with rocks and hand out tuna sandwich's and yet you consider yourself above the age of ten?"

"What, you've never heard of a friendly gesture?"

"Rocks aren't friendly," I pointed out.

"And neither are you."

"Was there supposed to be a point to that remark?" I asked.

"I don't know, was there?"

"Are you a stalker?  Or maybe a registered sex offender?  Because I have an app for that," I threatened.

"I'm pretty sure I'd be in your pants by now if I were either of those," he chuckled.

"I don't appreciate your lack of seriousness in this discussion we're having."

"We're having a discussion?" he grinned.  "Now you really can't deny that we have a date occurring right now."

"Umm, actually we can deny it, and we will," I was eating my second tuna sandwich.

"Suit yourself, but that's not what the rest of the neighborhood will think tomorrow," he winked at me and smirked.  I just glared  at him.

"You know what?  The only thing that will be occurring right now is my foot be jabbed into your throat," I threatened.

"Please don't, I just recovered from strep throat," he whined, holding his neck.

"Really?" I asked.

"No."  I shook my head in disgust.  I finished the second sandwich.  I hadn't realized how hungry I'd been.

"So Mickey," he said getting comfortable as he leaned back on his elbows.  I realized now that you had gorgeous blue eyes along with dirty blonde hair.  He was pretty fine if I say so myself.

"It's Macey," I corrected him.

"What?  We can't have nicknames?"

"Oh alright.  So Jackie," I teased.

"That's not fair.  Jackie is a girl's name!"

"Last time I checked, Mickey had a penis... unless Minney is dating a girl and she doesn't know it."

"Fair enough, although, he wears tight pants, so, mayb he is a girl," he said, thinking about in grat depth now.

"Umm, no.  He's definitely a guy."

"I don't know about that.  What guys where white gloves everywhere?" he questioned.

"What girls wear white gloves everywhere?" I replied.

"Mickey!" he said, as if it were obvious.

"No.  Mickey is a guy and that's final!" I demanded.

"Fine.  Macey."

"What?" I asked.

"Oh nothing.  I was just tossing around in my mouth like a salad.  So I can fully taste the flavor.  See what it feels like to say because if I don't like the taste I'm gonna be callin gyou Mickey," he told me.

"If you keep tossing my name in your mouth like a hot potato I will have some serious issues."

"Macey, you already have serous issues.  But a kiss would do the trick if you ask me," he smirked.

"I didn't ask you."

"Suit yourself!"  We sat there in silence for about thirty seconds when he ruined by saying, "Well this conversation hit a brick wall."

"Your face is about to hit a brick wall if you don't let me enjoy our date in peace," I said, laying on the ground and closing my eyes.

"So it is a date!" he grinned.

"Umm no, it was a figure of speech."

"Whatever you say Macey," he winked at me when I opened my eyes the slightest bit. I rolled them.  "Well, I'll see you on our date tomorrow!" he said, grabbing the wrappers from our sandwichs and standing up.  "We shall meet again!"

"I sure hope not," I mumbled under my breath.

"Don't get your hopes too high about the excitment of our date tomorrow!" he called as he walked down the sidewalk.

"Oh oksy. I'll try not to Jackie!" I teased back.  I stood up and walked lazily to my room.  The kid was wierd but, I had to admit, I liked our "date."  And, not going to lie, I was secretly hoping he'd come back the next night.  He didn't.