The Promise

So I died, well not really I just haven't updated for a while because ideas ran dry and plus I have been trying to write stuff for this story to get you, know a little steamy later on maybe in this chapter even.

(Idk I wanted to put that there)

Lucy's POV

"Will you go out with me?" Sting said putting his hand out.

I was flustered. I didn't know what to say. I felt the heat rise up to my checks and redden. I wasn't sure exactly what to say. To be honest Sting is pretty cute and smart, but I'm not really in a mood for a relationship. So without thinking I ran off. Not answering the question.

"I'll give you the answer another time!" I said as I ran off.

I could hear Sting calling my name, but I just kept on running and running, not looking back. Man it sounds like I just broke up with him but I'm really just trying to avoid the question.

~Le time skip~

It's been about two months since Sting asked me that question. His words still run through my mind, but I try not to listen to my mind. I've been avoiding missions and times whenever Fairy Tail gets called to work with Sabertooth. Ever since Fairy Tail became the strongest guild again we've been asked to help out more with missions with Sabertooth.

Unfortunately for me today my rent was due, I had almost no money to pay for it, I have to go on a mission. Even if it meant with Sabertooth. I headed out of my house down to the guild to ask the others to go in a mission. As I walked to the guild I called out balanced myself on the edge of the river along my street. Hearing the boats men telling me to be careful as I walked along. Walking to the guild things out quite a little to quite for me. Checking my surroundings I saw nothing, but as soon as I looked back forward.

"AAAARRRRRGGGG!" I screamed as I fell back.

Looking up to get a good look at who it was I could barely make out who it was, as there was a massive shadow covering his face. The only futures I could make up were spikey hair.

'Must be Natsu.' I thought.

He moved his hand in front of my and I grabbed his hand. Touching his hand I felt fabric between my fingers and in my palm.

"Since when did you start wearing gloves, Natsu?" I asked as I pulled my self up with his hand.

"Your welcome and by the way blondie I'm not Natsu its Sting." Sting said as he looked at me.

"Oh, um. W..w..well, um, I'm sorry Sting. See ya." I said and raced off towards the guild.

"Lucy wait up, I'm here to help your guild on a mission." Sting called out.

"Okay then I see you there." I yelled back I raced to the guild.

Getting to the big wooden doors of the guild, I slowly pushed them open and entered the guild hall. Scanning the hall I look for Natsu and the gang. I immediately spotted them sitting in our usual table. Walking over to the table the saw me and waved.

"Lucy your back, so are you going to join us in today's mission?" Erza asked as I sat down next to her.

"Yeah that's what I came to the guild for." I smiled. "So what's the mission?" I asked as I looked over to Natsu and Gray. They weren't fighting surprisingly, they were being friendly for once. A bit to friendly might I add.

"Well our mission isn't a one day thing. It's like a week, as it's basically looking after this village, while the village's army is away on training. So they required the two strongest teams of Fiore, but we will earn about 1-200,000 jewels each from this job." Erza explained looking at the request sheet.

"Okay that's more then enough for my rent." I said with joy. "Then who's the other team we are working with for the mission?"

"Like I said the two strongest teams of Fiore. Team Natsu and..."

"THE TWIN DRAGON SLAYERS OF FIORE!" A man said cutting of Erza, putting his arms around me and Erza.

"Sting! We've talked about this." Erza said pushing off Sting's arm.

"Alright Sting a little touchy there." I said moving his arms off my shoulders.

~another Le time skip~

Third POV.

The the strongest team of Fiore were now on the train towards their long journey to Trfaunge Village.
(Made up so don't quote me if I misspell later on)
Sitting down in her booth, Lucy looked forward to see the two males in her team sleeping calmly, again not complaining that they were sharing the same seats. Looking towards the window Lucy soon heard somewhat of a loud thump hit beside her seat. Not caring to looks she just ignore the person beside her, thinking it was just some random stranger taking the free seat.

"So Blondie, when will you answer my question?"
Shocked at the voice Lucy jumped in her seat
"Little shocked there aye." Sting said cheekily.

"Sting, look I'm not interested in any relationship right now and probably not for awhile." Lucy said seriously.

"Come on, babe. Why don't you like relationships?"

"Firstly, I'm not your babe, and I just don't like relationship they're kind of an inconvenience for me." Lucy explained. "I just like hate commitment, I mean the one night stands are fun, but the whole part for me to become apart actual becoming a couple just makes me cringe. I enjoy in books and movies but, I just don't know how people can just be passionate about it."

"Hold up." Sting said surprised, "You're not a virgin? Not trying to be rude and all. It's just because you just said you enjoy the one night stands and all."

"I'm 24, what do you expect for me to still be a virgin." Lucy said in a bored tone.

"I thought you were 17." Sting said confused.

"Physically I'm 17, but with the 7 year skip where I was frozen, I'm 24 mentally." Lucy mentioned.

"Okay, but have ever been in a relationship?" Sting questioned.
"No I haven't like I said I find it cringe worthy for me to be in one." Lucy said in disgust.

"Since you haven't been in one, you can't judge it." Sting said.

"Yeah I know but like.." Her words were cut short when something soft pressed against her lips.

Removing his lips, Sting said,"Hey Blondie, promise me something? Imma take you on a date I don't know on Thursday when we're both not on duty, and show you that relationship can be something amazing."

Sting walked off back to his booth in the train and Lucy sat there in a state of shock.

"He kissed me."