27. Back To December / Apologize / You're Not Sorry

“Hey, I’m sorry about dinner and everything – I know that you didn’t want loads of drama.”

I sent the text message to Tom, feeling weighed down by the predicament that we were in.  I had sorted everything out with Harry about the thing with Cody, though it took a while after trying to convince him that Cody and I were only those mischievous partners in crime. 

‘I swear! Check my family on Facebook and you’ll see him listed as my brother,’ I had rationalized.  ‘Besides, you’re already listed in my relationship status for all my friends to see.’

Despite the fact that the conversation with Harry lasted for more than ten minutes and a few electric kisses to show that he was the only one for me, we were all good.  His head was laid on my lap as my iPhone buzzed.  I smiled as I read the “Nah, it’s all good!” and the “We should do something together soon.” At least I still had a chance to reconnect our friendship.  

I had no idea where Maddi went after we snuck back in to the villa, everyone (except Tom, Cody and Lucas who left five minutes ago with Steph’s limo in a rush) had all gone looking out for Taylor after he disappeared.  I guessed that she was out looking for him as well along with Steph, Louis, Tita and Niall since he hadn’t been back for nearly an hour.  However, Micah and Liam had been missing since half an hour ago and I was definitely sure that I didn’t want to go in to the bathroom after seeing her and Lucas.  I didn’t want to intrude on their private conversation after seeing Liam walk upstairs with a long face. 

My mind was still confused about her and Luke since I thought she liked Liam.  She was never the type of girl that struck me as the cheating kind.  My thoughts had been answered as I heard a shrill noise that rang out in the entire villa as Harry bolted upwards, a look of bewilderment on his face.  Leaping over the glass table, I pelted over to the stairs and ran up two at a time, banging my foot against the last stair.  I swore as Harry and I made it to the landing.  The screaming had stopped but it seemed to have come from the bathroom at the end of the hallway on my left as I rushed over to it and threw open the door.  A whoosh of breath escaped from my lips as I saw Micah who was pressed up against the wall, trying to wrestle out of Liam’s grips.  His hand was pressed against her mouth, making sure that no sound would be able to sneak out of it.  I thought I was about to faint right there and then as Harry walked in to investigate the scene. 

‘It’s the cockroach, mate.  By your foot,’ Liam said breathlessly, fighting off Micah wasn’t the easiest tasks.  I was scared of cockroaches, but not so much that I couldn’t be in the same room as them, nonetheless I still spazzed out whenever I read the word.  Harry looked at the floor at the little insect the size of a thumb scuttling towards the toilet.  I shuddered. 

Bleh.’ Roaches disgusted me.  He picked it up with a tissue and walked towards the window.  But not before scaring me off by running towards me with the thing innocently sitting there.  ‘Harry, stop!’ I bellowed, rushing out of the bathroom.  He snickered before he dropped the tissue out of the window. 

‘Be free, little one!’ he called out before he slammed the window shut.  Liam thought that it was now safe for Micah to be released from his clutches. 

‘Wh-where the f-fuck is i-it?’ Micah faltered, looking all around her as if there were billions of roaches scuttling towards her by the second.  She looked delirious. 

‘It’s all right angel, it’s gone now.’

‘And so is your dignity.’

‘Shu’ up Éponine.’ In spite of this, I couldn’t hear Micah’s lengthy speech about her phobia and that it wasn’t a joke, but the faint sounds of an argument occurring downstairs.  It echoed all the way upstairs since the living room/kitchen below had really high ceilings around twenty feet and was really spacious.