Chapter 8

Elizabeth

I sighed, feeling bored as I laid across my bed, waiting for the boys to figure out where to search first. They were coming up with a plan using the map they'd found, and since it involved actually looking at the map, I was pretty much useless at the moment.

"You sure you haven't had any visions that would tell us which town she's in?" Jesse asked.

I lifted my head and narrowed my eyes toward him. "If I did, I would have told you." I let my head drop back to the bed and thought for a moment before adding. "But the girl does have a nose piercing."

"A what?" one of the boys asked in an aggravated voice.

"A uh, nose ring." I lightly touched the side of my nose. "A silver stud, right there."

"And you didn't think that was important enough to tell us?" one of them growled.

I frowned. That's two in a row that I couldn't figure out which one it was. How annoying. "Who's growling at me?" I asked, keeping my face toward the ceiling and my ear toward them.

"Chance," Jesse said calmly.

I smiled. "Of course." I should have known he'd get upset first. Jesse was probably bottling it up and storing it away for later.

"Is there anything else you'd like to share?" Chance growled quietly, like he was trying to calm down.

I thought about it for a moment then shook my head. "Nope."

"You know," Jesse started calmly. "It'd help if you would share all your visions with us. Then maybe we'd be able to do more."

I shook my head again. "Nope."

"Nope? That's your response?" Chance asked, sounding more frustrated than upset now.

Sighing, I tried again. "There's nothing else that would help you find her, which is what we need to do at the moment, and I'd rather not sit around all day describing to you the horrible things I've seen that are going to happen if we don't."

The room was suddenly silent and I'm sure they both looked a little guilty, feeling bad for all the things I'd had to see. But you know what? I'd been seeing these things since the night we faked my death and I'd learned to deal with them.

"It's fine, boys," I said with a smile, sitting up and feeling around for the TV remote. "So do you think any Dracula movies are on? I've been wanting to watch one."

The room was still silent, but this time there was a lighter feel to the silence. I didn't have to see to know they were trying not to laugh at me.

"You seriously want to watch Dracula?" Chance asked, smirking.

"You're practically living it," Jesse added.

I turned and gave them a flat look. "No I'm not. I wasn't kidnapped by a crazy vampire who wants to turn me and make me his bride." I lifted an eyebrow and fought to keep the smirk off my face. "Unless one of you was planning on popping the question."

There were several, quick no's of different lengths and I imagine they looked very awkward at that momoent.

"And unless one of you was planning on turning me." Another awkward silence fell over the room and I started to think that maybe I shouldn't of said that. Then one of the boys stood and moved closer to me.

"What?" Chance said, a smirk in his voice as he moved closer. "And have to spend eternity with you? Why would we do that?"

I faked a hurt look and tossed the remote I was holding at him. An 'ouch' cut through the room and I could help but smile. "Did I hit him!?"