Chapter 2

Brooke Kelly's POV:

           Dragging my luggage, Noah led me in front of a dark blue dorm house with a number thirteen engraved on the door. I felt a chill by just looking at the house, just like entering Demonic territory[Not that i've done it before though]. An enormous living room with black marbled walls greeted us as we stepped in to our dorm house. The whole house seemed like a haunted house from outside, but inside, it was posh and seemed like a huge mansion. It was like some kind of Narnia, in from a cupboard and out in some mysteriously grand place. I was captivated at the sight of the house from the inside, as Noah explained to me what it was like. It had four stories plus an atic and was fully equipped with a kitchen, mini library, game room, study area, band practice room, fitness gym, art room, swimming pool with a jacuzzi on the roof of the house, plus many more. It was the complete opposite of what i thought my dorm house would look like. What I thought was a building with rooms where everyone stays in cramped together. Leaving my luggage in my room at the second floor, Noah gave me a personalized tour of our dorm.

          Then, I found something unexpected on the third floor, a black cat wandering the hallways. Both me and Noah jumped in fright. "KEITH!!!! What is that!? SAVE ME!!!" Noah shouted. A scarlet-haired boy came out from a room right at the end of the hallway, he had a pair of arctic blue eyes, black spectacles sat on his nose bridge and was in the same uniform as us, navy blue buttoned shirt and a jacket and pants [for boys] or skirts [for girls].        

           Keith looked annoyed at seeing Noah who was frozen on the spot, looking at the cat like it was going to spring onto him anytime. "Another one of your pets?" Noah asked, looking at Keith, he too was annoyed at seeing something so unlucky inside a dorm house. First Thirteen, now a black cat!? I thought, I scrunched up my nose. Not really a place for worshipping god.

          " I greatly suggest we leave it alone to wander the house then be late to one of your dear Mr Caesar's meetings at room 25." Keith said in a cold manner. Noah gasped like he got struck in the heart by Keith's cold and cutting words. Then, Keith's expression changed drastically, it softened and he smiled apologetically. "Sorry, I just got annoyed with my sister just now."

           Almost immediately, Noah forgave him and gave him reassuring smile,"Brooke this is Keith Brekke, Keith this is Brooke Kelly." Noah said gesturing me to Keith. Keith timidly stuck out his hand and instinctively I shook it. I sensed something oddly familiar when I took his hand, but i ignored it, as i honestly never seen him before. But I kind of had to admit that Keith was very cute, in a slightly nerdish way. God, what is with this irony of living with two cute guys?! BOOM!!!

          "Gosh! Gosh! Gosh!" A girl who strangely looked like Keith, with the same blue eyes and red hair, bursted out of a room, "WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE! Keith! Noah! And person I dunno lets go!" she said hurriedly as she ran past us, while pulling Keith along. Halfway out the corridor she let Keith go and four of us ran to our classrooms. Gosh, Keith and that girl ran fast. Really fast. Despite Keith's cute geeky appearance he was quite the athlete. Even at my top speed I could not keep up. They are really something, it is not every day you see a nerd run that fast.

         The classrooms where in the opposite side of the campus while the dorm houses were surrounding the school's compound were. After reaching the school building, which took a good 15 minutes. Lucky Noah! His classroom was on the same side of our dorm house! As we parted ways , I saw Keith following Noah to their class, so I went on my way as well with the other girl. i was intrigued at what class will be like.

           "31......32......33......34......35...." I muttered to myself, "Jesus, where in the world is room 36?" Just then, I heard someone saying, " Goodness! how long do you plan on standing there staring at the ceiling?" I turned around, and saw the girl rolling her eyes at me, and behind her was classroom 36! I tried opening the door but found it locked. She asked me to move aside and from her pocket she took out a blue card and tapped the card . Causing it to beep abruptly. Oh, so this was what the black haired girl meant when she said good luck, we could not enter classrooms without it.

          Pushing it open, her face like Keith changed drastically from annoyed to calm and welcoming. She had a little scar On her left eyebrow which I did not noticed before as we were in some kind of hurry. "Sorry..." She began " I was a little rude. My name is Hayley Brekke. That nerd who followed Noah to class was my twin Keith. I'm so sorry about just now. I hope we can still be friends." She said in a sincere tone. "Ohh... It's ok. But... Wait, Keith's your twin right that's why you two look so alike , but why is he in Noah's class?? For 15 year olds." I stared at her puzzled. " He is my twin but he is a smartass so the school had no choice but to put him in a class 15 year olds class, but even so, he still does more advanced work there." She explained right before she headed to a seat.

          The classroom by then was already almost full leaving three miserable seats one next to the window on the third and two on the last row. I sighed, guessing that everyone in the school happens to want to get highest in class too. I took the seat next on the third row but before I could even set my things down, the girl next to me started talking to me. She had chestnut brown hair with streaks of dyed blond hair. " Hi! my name is Maddie Castor. I'm from dorm house 5 nice to meet you! Whats your name? Your birthday? Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked bouncing up and down. Why was the teacher not here yet? It's already 9 I thought. "Um... Hi? I'm Brooke Kelly, my birthday is on September 21st (world peace day) and no, not yet. Anyway nice to meet you!"

           She seems really nice I thought. " Which dorm house are you in??" bouncing even more as she asked. " 13." I said cheerfully to match her extreme bubbly mood. She gasped loudly and squealed grabbing onto me. Shit did i do something wrong? I thought " You're in 13???!!!!!You must be kidding me!!! Omg you must be like... a prodigy. Oh my God! What do you specialise in???" As she goes insane. " What do you mean by prodigy?" i asked curiously, this was my first time hearing about anything about prodigies.

          She squealed some more shaking me, making me feel nauseous " I love this part! Ok.. dorm 13 is where the school prodigies stay. They are like the elite in our school, they have the best facilities and the best dorm. Dorm 13. Even though it looks totes creepy on the outside, it's said like that they have everything from own kitchens to huge bedrooms to game rooms and even swimming pools! The whole school envies them and many worship them. Keith Brekke is like the smartest kid in the whole school, is in a 15 year old class but he is doing like college work, he the geeky type used to often get bullied but very cute and still in school probably because of his sister. The one one sitting behind," She pointed at Hayley who was busy reading music sheets with her table piled high with random gifts. " Is Keith's twin sister Hayley Brekke, she is a really good like, totes professional musician and can play any instrument. There is also Noah Roberts guy he is super hot ,the guy can sing like an angel and if he needs to he can like totally break the glass, and finally Sylvia Lorran she's the popular kid around here. She has this super cool beaded thing on her head which makes her look like a princess and she is soooo good at sports every sport wants her to join and she's like the ace of every sports team. She's like totes my idol I would kill to be in the same dorm as her. Oh! I remember the principal said that we would have two new prodigies a dancer and an artist. He said something about an underage prodigy and making him at home." She giggled hysterically. Stalker much? 

          "So you must be one of them, you look like a dancer. You must be a dancer!" I weakly answered " I dance ... a little" I felt a bit embarrassed I heat radiated to my cheeks. " Gosh! you feel hot... Are you ok ?" Maddie asked anxiously leaning back on her chair giving me some space to breathe. "Yup , I'm fine" I quickly replied. Oh no, my powers I thought . I tried to calm myself. " Oh ok! What a relief!" and on she went about her idols, prodigies and something about a story about oranges which I could not understand. I pretended to listen as I thought about my dorm mates, they seemed like average people, not super geniuses. Not to mention I was my worst luck that that black haired girl at the hallway is officially a member of my dorm. Darn it. When was the teacher coming? My head became more muddled as Maddie rambled on and on, when was this going to end?