Chapter Five

- L I A M -

Everyone shuffled out of the room. "Oh Liam, can you take Valerie home, please," Demi asked. I smiled and nodded. "Thank you British Boy."

I chuckled and sat down. I checked my Twitter and decided to tweet some fans back. I heard the door opened, but I didn't look up. I knew that Valerie was in here. "Liam? I thought you left with the rest of the crew," Valerie slightly laughed.

I chuckled again for the second time in ten minutes. "They all left and I thought Harry would take you home, but I guess not. He was the first one to leave," I answered. "So Demi asked me to take you home. I hope you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all," she said. She grabbed her bloody shirt off the bed. "Well let's go, we don't want to- let's just go."

I got up and opened the door for her. She smiled. "Thanks," I nodded. I walked out after she did. A nurse approached us.

"Valerie Reynolds, right?" Valerie nodded and smiled. "You're all set to go. I've already checked you out."

"Thank you so much," Valerie said. The nurse-who looked to be about 24 or 25-smiled and left. "What time is it?"

"Still 1 in the morning," I said checking the time. "It's going to be 2 in a few minutes."

We walked out in the nice summer air. We stood in front of the hospital for five minutes before either one of us talked. "We don't have a car to get back home do we, Liam," Valerie asked.

"Yeah, I barely realized that," I reply. "But I can call Paul or get a taxi-"

"No," Valerie said. "It's 2 in the morning. Let's just go walking to Demi's house, but no going through alleys please. After what just happened a few hours ago, I might need to buy a car."

"Yeah, you're right, but c'mon let's go," I said, yawning. "I'm tired and sleepy and-"

"Alright I get it, so am I." she said.

I had to walk slower than I usually do, because Valerie was on crutches. Probably should've mentioned that earlier. During the way I would stop and let her walk in front so I could walk at my regular pace.

"Liam you still behind me," Valerie asked.

"Yes, I am," I tell her. She sighs and I don't ask her anything. She stops walking and I walked a little faster to catch up to her. "Hey what's wrong-"

"They're right there," she panicked. She pointed to two men, trying not to let them see her. She put her head down and they looked our way.

"Well let's just go another way-"

"We can't," she told me. "Demi's house is just down the block and I am not walking another way, but I don't want to walk that way at the same time."

"Well we are walking through there, without them noticing you," I said. She looked at me and I had to think about it for a while. I put my arm around her neck. "Walk and put your head down." with my other hand, I put most of her hair in front of her face.

"Liam this isn't going to-"

"Shhh," I shushed her. I waited for us to take our turn to walk. When the light turned green and the walking sign turned on, I started walking and I told her to walk. She kept whispering things and I tried not to chuckle. I kept looking to my left, so I would look at the two men as we walked pass them.

 "Did we pass them yet," she asked. I waited a few seconds to answer her question. "Liam?!"

"Yes," I responded. "I was waited a few more feet."