Hidden Sapphire

This chapter is more a filler but I still love it. It's all in Connor's POV. Happy Reading!

This is dedicated to BubblyBunnyXO who is like my daughter on here. She is absolutely amazing. Thank you for supporting me since the beginning!

Chapter 4

Connor

I realized last night that Taryn, or should I say Nixie, was lying to me about losing her memory. I wanted to believe her so badly that I was ready to go talk with strangers, make flyers and contact hospitals to help her. But it was a lie to throw me off on something she was hiding.

I knew she didn’t have a husband or even a boyfriend. I would’ve been able to smell them besides smelling Garrett and Dennis on her. And this Pilloxie girl that I looked up, I knew was her sister. If Damon Knight has her like the file said, I most likely won’t be able to get her back without a fight. It’s no secret how much he hates us right now.

Hadeon Winters is my cousin and he killed his father and ran a while back. His father held a secret that Damon needed to know and it drove him crazy that Hadeon killed him. He believes Hadeon killed him to keep him from knowing it.

Now, I was looking into the eye of my real mate, Nixie. I was angry and wanted to punish her for making me out to be a fool. How dare she use her tricks to leave me? I was so furious, I wanted her chained to my bed where she wasn’t allowed to go anywhere for a few days. But all my anger evaporated when those sweet lips opened and she begged me to forgive her. There was so much feeling in those words that all that was left in me was hurt that she lied.

I rose up and sat at the edge of the bed, facing away from her with my head hung. I felt her moving behind me and almost turned around to see if she was alright.

I know I scared her earlier and I hated that but I needed the truth. It just sucked that I had to drug her with truth serum before I could get anything out of her.

I felt her small hand touch my shoulder. “Connor, please don’t tell anyone about me. I could be killed by my own people if they knew you knew about me. I could even be killed by humans that wants to catch us,” she pleaded.

I twisted around and grabbed her hips and pulled her in my lap. “Is that why you wouldn’t tell me?” I demanded.

Nixie stared at her lap where her hands were folded. “Yes. My sister, Pilloxie ran away from home to here and I need her back. I need to know she’s okay. She’s been my main focus because I don’t even know if she’s safe,” she whispered.

I sighed. Her sister was definitely safe with Damon because he wouldn’t harm a female but he sure would kidnap one. “Nixie, I know who has your sister,” I said.

Her head jerked up and she looked wide eyed in surprise. “You do?” she asked excitedly.

“A man named Damon has her but I have to warn you, I might not be able to get her back for you,” I warned.

She scrunched her brows and jumped up. “You have to get her back!” she yelled. “She could be hurt or worse! Where is he?”

I watched her jump up and down and wave her arms like a mad woman. She was angry and excited all in one. It made me jealous as I watched her go crazy.

“Calm down, Nixie!” I yelled. “I can’t just go to his town and demand him to hand her over. I have to talk to him first and make sure it is all right for me to even come. I know you love your sister but I need your patience. She is as safe as you are right now.”

Her eyes bugged again as she paced in a circle saying ‘no’ over and over again. Shit! Every time I open my mouth, she gets upset. “Come here, Nix,” I rumbled with my arm out.