-Seven-

(Author's note): Remember to vote, comment, and fan me! :D i really hope you enjoy this chapter!

<3

Seven

            The florescent lights that lit the hallways of the hospital made me sick. I lied back on the gurney and tried to keep my eyes open but sleep seemed to be taking over. Siren stood at my side, mouthing something to me but I was horrible at reading lips. It was obvious he had been crying. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy.

            My eyes slowly closed as I tried to smile. I could feel Siren’s hand intertwining with mine but then it was ripped away. The cuts that were just starting to heal on my wrist seemed to rip back open at this movement. I cringed in pain but looked past it. Pain would become my new addiction.

            When I finally opened my eyes again, I couldn’t help stare up at the ceiling. One star glowed in the dark room and the faint sound of beeping soon hit my ears. There were no ‘get better soon’ balloons or cards with happy quotes. The room was just white and smelled of medical supplies. My heart began to ache again.

            “Are you awake?” Siren’s voice filled the small room. I turned my head slowly to see his figure next to mine in the dark. My hand drifted to his and he took it quickly, pressing his lips against the tips of my fingers. “I’m so sorry, Christopher. I-I…” He began to cry, tears hitting my hand as he buried his face into it.

            The short silence we had was beautiful. For a second, it almost seemed like we weren’t in the hospital anymore and everything was normal. But that dream was quickly taken away from me when Siren’s sweet voice hit my ears again.

            “This is it…” he began, running his fingers cross the scars on my wrist. “They’re sending you away.” He could barely choke the words out.

            I was confused by what he meant. Away? Who was sending me away and where? Siren’s fingers traced the bandages one more time and my heart dropped deep into my chest. “They can’t send me away!” I shouted, catching the attention of a nearby nurse and dragging her into the room. She stood at the doorway while I continued. “Siren, please, don’t let them take me!” Tears streamed down my face as I reached for him.

            He backed away.

            Almost instantly, I began to regret every little choice I had made within the past month. The thing I regretted the most was not staying with Nash. He would have convinced them to let me stay. He would have told them I wasn’t crazy. He would have told them I was going to be okay. And they would have believed him because Nash was in love with me and I was in love with him.

            Ripping the IV from my arm, I pushed past Siren and the nurse, heading towards the front door. I wasn’t insane, I was logical. If they sent me to a mental hospital, my life would become a literal living Hell. The bullying, that would kill me after everyone found out about it. Not to mention that I’d never be able to be loved again.

            The second I thought I was free two large men grabbed onto my shoulders and yanked me back. I was quickly slipped into a straight jacket before thrown into the back of a police car. My freedom was gone forever. Siren stood at the entrance of the hospital, tears running down his face as he turned away. I could never love that monster ever again.

            Hours of torture had passed before we arrived at Saint. Mary’s Mental Institution. It was a rather large building with a metal fence around it. Children around my stood at the gate, staring out at the world they no longer live in.