✚ Chapter Twenty-Two ✚

Healing Gabriel: Chapter Twenty-Two

                                                        〒|Evan's POV|

      Gabriel wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the day. Sure, he'd acknowledge me and say some things, but it was obvious that he was still upset about me going to the fight.

      I figured that his hatred for fighting had something to do with his past experiences. But if that was supposed to make me not want to fight, it did the exact opposite. Instead, it only made the urge to punch those assholes in the face even stronger. It fueled my already crackling fire.

      Before I met Gabriel, my hatred for molesters and rapists and all that other scum could actually be considered a speck. And trust me, I was not a fan of that shit. But meeting Gabe and actually dealing with him, a trauma victim, and becoming more than just friends, my detestation for those monsters intensified about a hundred fifty billion times.

       Maybe more.

      I saw, first handedly, what kind of mental torture a human could inflect with their monstrous actions. And it really, really pissed me off that someone had the capability to take away someone else's innocence.

      But, inside, I knew that monster didn't take away Gabriel's innocence. Nothing could. He was born with a childlike personality, in which I was glad he still some bits of it left in him. Even after everything he went through, he was still the loveliest little thing I knew.

      Currently I was standing outside of Clydesdale High, conversing with Axel and Slater on the front grass. Alana and Jurnee were sitting on the concrete railing by the stairs. Gabriel was seated Indian style next to Alana, staring stonily down at his lap. I felt kind of bad seeing him like that, but I'd comfort him later.

      Now was the time to pummel the asstards who thought it was cool to grope random chicks.

      Just thinking about it made me sick. Who could ever think it was alright to touch another human being like that without their consent? It was sick, fucking sick. How would they like it if someone groped their body for their own pleasure? How would they like it if they were stripped from their clothes and forced to do things no one should have to endure?

      I realized that I wasn't thinking about Jurnee anymore, but instead Gabriel. I had to remind myself that those dumbasses who did that to Jurnee weren't the same monsters that degraded my kitten.

      Still. They were probably the closest thing I could get to a perverted freak, so they'd have to do.

      "Think they'll show up?" Axel asked after a moment.

      "Those pansies better, else some hell's about to go down," Slater muttered, kicking a small pebble off the sidewalk. It was kind of nice to see Slater being protective over Jurnee. I knew that he could be an ass, but he made up for it when it counted most. He did care about her underneath all the jokes and mostly sex-based relationship they had.

      I couldn't help but think about Gabriel and me. I wanted more from him, I won't deny it. Just like he told me I would when we first confessed our attraction towards each other. But I couldn't help it. He was so precious and stunning. That one kiss on his porch a few weeks ago was amazing, even if he barely moved his lips during it. Still, his eyes weren't as pained after it ended, which told me I had done something right.

      "Do you think they even know about it?" Axel inquired.

      "Yep," I said with a nod. "During periods I had to deliver a note to one of the senior teachers. I took the senior wing, and I heard some of them talking about it."