Chapter Seventeen

Sorry for the late update guys! I've been studying for finals but from now on, chapters will be up every Saturday, like they used to be! xX

"Where the Hell are we?" I ask, fighting with my own lips to try and conceal my laughter.

"Don't worry, I got this!" Harry smirks and intervenes our fingers, holding my hand for everyone to know that I'm his girl. The smell of cigarettes and alcohol clogs up my senses, but I guess that's just Vegas. The hot summer sun blazes down onto my unexposed shoulders and I can feel my skin frying at the mercy of its hot rays.

A group of girls in their late teens or early 20's walk by us and give Harry a suspicious glance, causing him to quicken our pace and re-adjust his glasses and beanie before ducking his head down farther than it already was. I notice that when he's with me is the only time he really tries to avoid fans. I guess that he just doesn't want to ruin any moments that we have together by having to stop and take pictures with fans.

The weather outside is warm and humid, but there's a nice breeze that keeps the clouds in the sky moving almost as fast as the countless tourists, like us, wandering the streets aimlessly, waiting for the sun to set and the night life to rise. Unfortunately for us, the boys have a show tonight so I guess we won't be spending our tomorrow morning wondering what happened in Vegas.

"I have no idea where we are." He nervously bites his lip, ashamed to admit the fact that he got us lost.

"Way to go, Styles." I giggle and lead him along the busy street, walking with no real destination in mind. We dodge and serve, trying to avoid bumping into this many strangers. I learn very quickly that while in Vegas, you 1) don't look at the ground unless you want to see discarded flyers with naked girls on them and 2) don't accept any papers from the people handing out the soon to be discarded flyers with naked girls on them.

I look back and see Harry staring down at the dirty floor with wide eyes and I chuckle to myself. "Enjoying yourself?"

Red flushes onto his cheeks and he quickly looks up with a shy smile. "Sorry, babe."

I just smile and keep walking. There are lights everywhere in this city, and although it's daytime and most of them are still turned off, I can only wonder what they look like when it's night and they light up the whole block.

HARRY'S POV

It's adorable; The way she leads me from street to street with such an amazement in her eyes as she watches all the life around her makes me see that sparkle in her eyes that has come back since last night. She trusts me, again, I think.

It still makes me hate myself to know that in one drunken moment, I had almost hurt the love of my life. Now all I can do is hope that she will forget about it, eventually, as I do my best to make sure I spend the rest of my life treating her like the princess she is.

"Look, M&M World!" She gasps and lets go of my hand excitedly to run into the world-famous M&M Factory. She's like a little kid; her eyes see everything in an innocent way, despite all the pain that she's been put through in these past few years. When it's necessary, she acts strong and tough, but I can see that it's all fake; she needs someone to take care of her and protect her.

I run into the chocolate store after her and watch as she looks at all the assorted candies with astonishment in her wide eyes. She runs to one of the store clerks and hands the lady her phone before asking something that I can't make out. "Come on, Harry!" Brook smiles and runs to me, pushing me towards a giant statue of the blue M&M. She wraps her arms around the statue and looks at me pleadingly, wanting me to pose in the same way.