Chapter 3- Cherrry Tree Farm

"wakey upy sunshine" called Julia gently stroking her hair, "come on we don't want to be late"                     Wincing Lottie looked up to see blinding light of the sun breaking through a gap in the curtains. Although Lottie loves going to the stables in the mornings, she loved and took pleasure when she got the chance to lay in.

Reluctantly, Lottie rolled out of bed and slipped on her blue t-shirt and jeans, brushed her teeth and pulled her golden wavy hair into a messy Bun and went downstairs.

"Ready!" shouted Lottie.

"already?" her mum replied surprised, " you should really have breakfast"

"i'll take an apple let's just go" Lottie said persuasively.

"coming" called lotie's mum as she walked swifting after grabbing her flask of coffee towards the car, to she her daughter who was already waiting in the car.

"You're keen this morning" Julia claimed proud of her daughter's interest in her work.

"yeah" replied Lottie although she knew it was bad to lie as the reason was the quicker this is done the quicker she can go back to Duchess and her friends.

Lottie stared out the window on that summer morning knowing the usual route to her grandfather's farm where her mum usually instructs. The morning sun was golden and warm when it hit the softness of Lottie's face although she loved the feeling she couldn't help wanting it to be the mysterious winter fogs with cloudy mists that contained all sorts of adventure's.

As they pulled into CHERRY TREE FARM underneath the name said our town hot springs with the specialty of the great mountain trails in Appalachian mountains.

Lottie always got a warm feeling coming down the flower printed drive with ponies, donkeys and horses grazing in the pastures either side of the humble road.

As Lottie walked fast to the stables she saw one of the stable hands Jay, she blushed although she'd been trying to train herself not to she realised it OBVIOUSLY wasn't working. Lottie couldn't help falling for his good looks even though she knew he had a posh dressage rider for a girlfriend which she couldn't compete with because when eventing with duchess she wasn't great but not terrible but it still made her not good enough for him, so in her words she epically failed!!!!

"hiya, lolly" he winked at me throwing his long chestnut hair out of his face revealing his gorgeous greeny bluey eyes.

"hi " Lottie replied safely as she didn't know what to say or how to say it so she usually choose plain words safely as not to look daft.

"Hows Duchess been it's the longest they've been apart i'm sure" jay said while he sweeped the yard.

At first Lottie forgot she had to reply to this claim and quickly she clocked on what he was saying ," oh yes she's been fine, How's Aztec ?"

"his actually been behaving himself for once, i guess he didn't want to let you down eh" Jay smiled looking straight at Lottie.

Lottie had to smile thinking of all those memories of her little cheeky foul running round the yard creating mischief and the great adventure of How duchess her pony had her foal...