Chapter 2

My brown glossy belly botton length hair whipped around my face as I drove down the black top road to my house. I took a sharp left into my drive way. I tuned off the engine and sighed. Running a hand threw my hair I hopped off.

I opened my door and threw my leather jacket and my aviator sunglasses on the kitchen table. I needed to release my anger. I walked past the kitchen and ran up my spiral stair case to my bed room.

After my parents died I was sent to a foster home. My foster parents were physically and verbally abusive towards me. At night I would sneak out and fight in the streets to releive my anger towards them. For two years I lived like that. I'm not that happy, funny and out going blonde girl I used to be. Fighting is a passion now. When I turned sixteen I went to court and requested to be able to live alone. The judge granted my request. Haven't seen my foster parents since. They never knew that I was fighting. Fighting is how I make my money.

My house is three rooms and two bathrooms. The master bed room I made my personal gym. The second biggest room is mine and the last room is my office. Now that I think about it I need to clean that room but there's always the next day.

I grabbed a pair of short shorts and a sports bra from my room and walked into the gym bathroom. I looked in the mirror at my self and saw a girl with brown hair and luminous green eyes. I have always worn colored contacts since the car crash. My eyes used to be green but now they are purple. Not violet or a light shade. I mean a bold purple. I don't know why but I didn't think it was normal and I didn't want to draw any more attention to myself. I took them out and put them in there dish and walked towards the treadmill.

I turned the tv on and left it on UFC fighting. Grabbing my iPod from the charger on the wood floor I stuck the ear buds in my ears and tuned the volume all the way up. Scrolling threw the songs I choose Because Of You by Nickleback. Turning the speed up to 10 on the treadmill I cleared my mind and just ran.

One hour later...

I turned the treadmill off and looked at the distance I ran. 4 miles. Not a new record but still really good. I took my iPod out and set it in the doc. The song Heartbraker by Pat Bentar came on. I laughed. How ironic? I started swinging punches left and right atthe punching bag while jogging in place for at least a good ten minutes.

Ding dong

I shut the iPod off and grabbed a t-shirt out of the closet and walked down the steps. Pulling open the door isaw a guy that looked to be in his mid thirties. He had brown hair that was starting to gray along the sides and brown eyes. He wasn't bad looking for his age.

"ahh this is a order for Midnight Black. Is that you ma'am?" he said hesitantly. Men are all the same they always judge a woman by her body first.

"yes.where do I sign?"

"here" he pointed to a spot on the pieceof paper clipped to the clip board. I nodded and pulled the t-shirt on. I signed and he handed me the box.

"have a good day ma'am"

I closed the door as he walked off my front porch and mumbled I'll try. I set the box on my granite counter  

top and grabbed a knife. I pulled open the flaps and moved the bubble wrap back and grabbed my new boxing gloves out. My old fighting gloves were getting out dated so I thought maybe I would order a new pair before my fight this weekend. They were leather and had black and red strips going vertically around them. I slipped them on. They fit perfectly.

I couldn't wait to put them on and fight in the boxing ring Friday after school. If I win this fight I can go to the championships in a few weeks. Winning the champion ships means I win one million dollars and have a chance to try and UFC fight. I think ill stick to not going pro because I don't want to draw any more attention to my self.