Ch.1 ~ Captured Moments.

I dream. A lot. If I didn't dream, then, you see, I would have nothing left. My parent's and sister died last year. And so did I. I'm Tenley Harrison, and i'm dead.

It wasn't planned or expected. It was an accident. We were driving down a long winding road to our summer cabin. I was so excited to see my cousins, aunties, and the Lucas family . It was only half an hour until I could see Xavier. My heart skipped a beat just at the thought of his name. The scenery rolled by as the sun started to disappear behind the hills and the sky was fading to a dark blue. Ke$ha rung in my ears, blocking out everything around me. That's until my sister slapped my arm. "Mom's talking to you! God." She turned around to ignore me again.

"Sorry Mom, whats up?" She shook her head in a disappointed way.

"It's getting dark out and we're almost there." Dad then turned around to speak.

"So we want to talk to you about something- " He was cut off by mum's screaming.

"DARREL!-" Another car crashed into us out of no where and continued driving like nothing happened. But we had rolled down a huge hill. Once the car came to a complete stop I checked to see if everyone was okay. My music was still playing.

"No ones getting out alive!" Ke$ha sung. Little did she know, it was true enough. They were all dead.

My mother had hit the windscreen and left a smash in the window, and her head. Dad had hit the side window and had been pulled back vigorously by his seat belt, blood was all over their heads and bodies. My sister's window was down and by the looks of things when we crashed her head smashed the top of the widow and made its way through to the outside, scratching her face and making a big head wound. They obviously had other damage, but I'm no doctor. I new they were all dead though. We weren't too far from our holiday cabin, so I was sure I could walk the rest of the way. I grabbed my bag from the wreckage and limped the rest of the way to our cabin.

~~~~~~~~~~

Once I arrived it was pitch black and obviously late at night. I saw everyone inside talking, some were crying others were panicking. As I got closer I saw Somebody emerge from the house. They were stressed and started pacing. I dropped my bag at the sight of him. He must've heard my bag drop because he swung around and stared at me. I must look a mess! I was just in a car accident, of course I did! He ran to me and embraced me in his arms, he smelt so good. I hadn't cried this whole time, until now.

"Tenley, what happened? Are you okay? Where's your family?" I laughed an emotionless laugh and wiped away my tears.

"They... they're gone. We were in an... an accident. I think I'm okay though. But they're d-dead." The tears kept slipping as he held me close and rocked me back and forth. Their death was in the newspaper a few day's later. I didn't cry much, I just was depressed. Being here with every one was the best place though, the only thing bugged me was that they were too cautious of me, except for Xavier that is. He was normal, maybe more loving and caring towards me but that wasn't a bad thing. Being with him kept me sane, and alive.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was probably two months later when I was swimming. Xavier had stolen my heart, but I don't know if he knew that. We were at the lake, it was just me and Xavier, everyone else had gone into town for groceries and what not. We were splashing about and swimming like normal but something was up with him, he wasn't acting the way he normally did. I got out to dry off for a bit when he came and sat beside me.

"Ten, I was just wondering if you wanted to go and see a movie tomorrow, in town?" He was nervous, scratching the back of his neck, blushing, not making eye contact. What was he up to?

"Sure why not, we always do that anyways." I took a sip of my water.

"No I mean, um. Never mind it was stupid." He looked the other way and went to get up but I pulled him back down.

"Were you asking me on a date?" I was stupid not to realize.

"Well I was trying to." He blushed, and it melted my heart. I pulled his face towards me so he would look at me.

"Xav, I wouldn't have it any other way." He went a little blank. "Xav? Is something wrong?" He blushed again and rubbed the back of his neck.

"No, It's perfect." I couldn't be dreaming, this was too real to be a dream. He was getting closer. He wasn't about to kiss me, right? We were inches apart.

"Xav?"

"Yeah Ten?"

"Are you going to kiss me or what?" He chuckled at my forwardness, like I always was. He pulled away suddenly and smiled.

"Nah, thought I'd leave you hanging." He could be such a jerk sometimes. I grabbed his neck and pulled him towards me. I just kissed him. Like it wasn't a fare of mine. I would've done it earlier if I knew I could get over my nerves. He kissed me back. It was filled with passion and love. Like he had loved me the same way I had loved him for all this time.

"I'm sorry. I... I just have to go." I ran deep into the forest behind us. Xavier was yelling after me. But I didn't listen. I don't know what made me run but something did. I was out there for hours. The sun had long gone down and I was sitting on a stump thinking about life, like I had been for the last couple hours, when I heard the snapping of twigs. Someone was here. I started panicking and curled up into a ball and started to cry about everything I could think of when a hand touched my shoulder.

"Please, leave me alone. Please." I cried in panic into my knee's. When the hand didn't leave my shoulder I lifted my head to see who it was.

"Ten. I'm so sorry." I jumped up and nearly hugged him to death.

"I'm the one who should apologize, I ran away from you, don't take it personally, I don't know what happened." He hugged me tighter.

"It's okay, I totally understand."

"Are you still up for that date?" I asked him, hoping that he wouldn't turn me down.

"That's if you want to." He pulled back and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Of course Ten, how about tomorrow?" I nodded in agreement. This was the day I had dreamed of. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and walked me back to the cabin. But I couldn't help but hear the snap of twigs behind us.