Chapter 2

I give up. I completely and utterly give up. This is the 3rd time I've written this chapter, and I still don't like it. Here's what came out. I hope it makes sense to you guys. Sorry if it sucks :(

Hope you enjoy it though! Next chapter should be out within a week maybe?

On the bright side, I got the two main characters cast! What can I say? Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev are truly the perfect couple. (And they do remind me of who I picture as Ivy and X)

Alexander Ludwig casted as Jace!

____________________________________________________________________

When my mom came home, she investigated why I had my stereo blasting loudly. It wasn't rock music to distract my wild imagination from the sickening images it produced. It wasn't pop music, with bouncy beats and effortless high notes that would lift my rock bottom mood. No, it was my kind of music.

Soft, slow notes drifted beautifully over gentle instruments. The voices of the songs were peaceful. The melodies, although sometimes twisting together not-so-pleasant stories, had a rhythm that wrapped itself around me like warm honey, seeping into my skin and lulling my mind to rest. This was the music I danced to.

I’d been dancing since I could remember. I barely remembered first stepping onto the big stage with bright lights in the auditorium of the local high school; the stuffy dance studio that my fellow dancers and I practiced in was as much of a home to me as my own bedroom. It was a place that offered peace and serenity. My childhood outfits mostly consisted of flowing dresses and the occasional tutu. As I’d grown older, spandex was added automatically under any dress that I wore in case I got the urge to dance. I always made sure I was wearing something comfortable, something that I could move in if I had to calm myself down, like right now. When I danced to my lyrical music, I was a peace.

Lyrical is not ballet; some people confuse the two. They have some similarities, but they are two completely different genres of dancing. Ballet is very classy and soft. Lyrical combines ballet and modern dance techniques. There’s also a little bit of Jazz. Whereas ballet is set to soft, slow symphonies, lyrical is performed to popular, more modern music, although it’s still very soothing and calming.  

Lyrical may not seem all that bad. There’s twirling, a couple of steps, some more twirling, and it’s over. It’s not that easy. Every step has to be in the place I need it to be, when I need it. If not, my balance will be thrown off, and I would end up falling on my face, as I have done multiple times before. Speaking of balance, I need a lot of it. When I’m on the tips of my toes, spinning around in a circle as many times as I can without breaking my stance of round arms and a bent, knee connecting my toes to the inside of my other knee, balance is key. When I land, I can never stumble, since this dance is so relaxing and smooth. I need to be able to catch myself and flow with the same grace as the melody.

Momentum is the hardest part, for me at least. When I’m in the air, and trying to land a perfect leap, my momentum has to be absolutely perfect. If there’s too much built up, I’ll end up stumbling and not landing in the same position I started in. Not enough, and the full move won’t be completed.

When my mom entered my room, she saw my newly arranged room. My bed was shoved into a corner sloppily, probably denting the wall. Clothes and shoes were kicked out of the way, messily clumped in wrinkled masses. Most of my furniture was piled up against one side of my room to give me as much space as possible. The only thing that went untouched was my stereo, where my iPod was connected and spilling out the beats I counted to. The note had been lost somewhere in my rush to clear a space for me to dance.

I hadn't wanted to waste time stretching, so my body alone was making a lot of noise. Snap! My joints cracked against each other. Crackle! My hip joint ground in its socket was my leg reached to do a fan that shouldn't be done until after I’d stretched properly. Pop! My knees sounded as I bent suddenly, slowly rising back up from my low position.