Chapter 3 <3

Hiya there! Enjoy the story and Vote/comment/fan! 

xxxx

*******************************************

Chapter 3: 

Elsie was in a state. She wouldn’t get out of bed and refused to eat. When Rosa tried to give her breakfast she hit under the covers and murmured, 

“Molly isn’t going to have another bone again,” and that made her cry harder.That dog must have been very special, thought Rosa. 

“Just leave her be,” Mrs. Herring said at breakfast, “we are having a new housemaid and a new footman in today anyway.” 

“What?” Harry said in surprise. 

“We work for an Earl, for goodness sake Harry! We have been short ever since Clara, Bessie and Jack left, and Oscar is coming in a few months with a New York Lady!” 

“How absurd, a Lady from New York!” Rosa exclaimed.

“Also, in a few days we will have a maid arriving to help the M’s in the kitchen, His lordship will be entertaining quite often during the winter!” 

“We don’t need help Mrs!” Madame Moore said in disgust.

“We manage quite well do we not?” Madame Monte added. 

“Ladies, ladies, I do not doubt that you will do fine by yourselves, but I don’t know why your complaining, extra help means meals quicker, which means more free time,” Mrs. Herring said blatantly.

“Who are the new people?” Rosa asked.

“Their names are Claire Dune- worked before as a nanny for two children, Simon Clark-never worked before, and the girl to help in the kitchen..her name is Katy Henderson, I don’t know much about her yet.”

“Never worked before?!”

“Yes Harry, he just happens to never, need to work. His parents are rich Nobel people, his father maybe the most successful executive in London!”

“The why in gods name would he work here for!?” Rosa questioned. 

“Apparently he wants to work and earn his own money,” Mrs. Herring said.

Everyone at the table laughed.

“I trust you will treat both him and Claire Dune with respect and not laugh like a bunch of monkeys!” Mrs. Herring screeched as everyone suddenly stopped. 

“What a pretty name, Claire Dune!” Harry exclaimed. 

Oh honestly harry screw your head on. Mrs. Claire is out of bounds, she staff! Did you hear me screw your head on!” At this comment, most of the table scurried away. Nobody wanted to be around when Mrs. Herring was mad. The thing is nobody could ever be mad at Harry long. He had this sad puppy face everyone fell at their feet for. 

Rosa thought the name did sound pretty, but she did not trust it. Funny how a name can make you feel this way, she thought. The rest of the staff had gone of to do duties. There was only Rosa sitting at the table, touching up her dress for Beth. Almost done! She thought excitedly. 

“Rosa get back to your duties! I’m sure you are quite behind...and I trust you will show our new maid around, tell her the rules and what to do, leave poor Elsie in bed, she has had a shock. She can come back to work tomorrow.” 

“Where will Claire sleep?” Asked Rosa.

“With you I imagine!” 

“No Mrs. Herring, there isn’t any space in our room for a trunk let alone another bed.”