Afraid

"Is she strapped in tight?"

"Yeah she's strapped down pretty good, are you ready?"

"Ready as I ever been, sir"

"Hand me the saw"

Weylie wakes with a start. Sitting up and breathing heavily she glances down at her arm. The dream was really bizarre.

"Just another nightmare" she reassured herself "I'm awake now, it's fine". Images flashed through her mind. The fear of her being strapped down in a dark room, tortured, made Weylie nauseous. "Just a bad dream" she repeats to herself "just another bad dream". Weylie cradles her face in her hands and rocks back and forth. "I'll be okay" she says "I just have to wake myself up". Still shaken, Weylie gets up and walks herself to the bathroom. The grandfather clock in the hallway reads 6:27 a.m. She stumbles into the bathroom and turns on the sink. "I'll be okay" she said aloud, splashing cold water on her face "Just a dream".

"Weylie?" A tired voice called from the hall.

"Yes mom?" Weylie replied back.

"You scared the hell out of me" her mom said, walking into the bathroom with her.

"I'm sorry mom" Weylie said drying her face "but could you not use the bathroom while I'm in here".

"Oh psh" she said shooing Weylie out the bathroom. "Weylie, while you're up you should get dressed".

"Get dressed?" She asked "For what?"

"You have an appointment with Dr. Cooke in a few hours" Weylie's mom answered.

"Yuck" she said rolling her eyes "I don't even know why I go see Dr. Cooke. I don't even care about Terra's death anymore. It has no effect on me".

"Just get dressed Weylie" Her mom said to her from the bathroom "Please don't give me a hard time again".

"Fine" Weylie said storming over to her room. "I don't even have anything good to wear". She grabbed open the draw in her dresser, pulled out the first shirt, and held it up. Gasping in horror, she dropped the shirt to the floor.

"My arm!"She screamed "Help me! Help!"

"WHAT?!" Weylie's mom screamed rushing into the room, pants not pulled up all the way yet "What's wrong? What happened?" Weylie laid on the floor clucthing her arm tight.

"It....It..." Weylie muttered.

"It what? Let me see!" her mom said concered.

"It's.....It's...gone..."