15. Another

They all began to walk down the hallway after Akashi and Aomine finished arguing, which ended up leaving then in an awkward silence as they walked down the almost endless hallway. Kuroko sighed for a moment, wishing he could think of something to say to Akashi but was unable to.

Suddenly, a dark blue-haired figure came around the corner with a series of guards strolling behind him. As he neared, Kuroko realized that it was Aomine's father due to the strikingly similar facial features and expression.

Aomine chuckled nervously as his father glared at him. "Heeyyy, Father... S-Sorry for leaving suddenly, hehe, I was kind of, uh, busy-"

"Son," His father growled slightly. He seemed to not be in the mood. "Do not make excuses. I only came to find you, anyway, because we are heading back to the castle immediately."

"Eh?! Father-"

"King Seijuro," The blue-haired King digressed as he ignored his son's pleas. "I am not sure if these two men are yours or not, but they came running to one of the guest rooms and my guards were able to catch them. Do you recognize any of them?"

A few of the guards behind the King pushed two of the mentioned men forward and Kuroko recognized them almost immediately.

On the left was Kise with his dark, glaring eyes and on the right it was the thief 'Kagami' who had not held such a distasteful expression compared to his fellow prisoner. Kuroko glanced at Akashi, watching the red-haired King think carefully as he looked down on them.

"Thank you, King Daiki, for returning these escaped convicts," Akashi smiled fondly. "They've been missing for a short time, but my family will be glad, nonetheless, that you have found them."

"Oh, no problem, King. I am grateful for your hospitality during my family's current stay so I'll consider this as a 'thank you' gift to you and the rest of the Scarlet family." The blue-haired King said with a stern, yet polite tone. "Farewell, King Seijuro. I hope we have the pleasure to stay here again."

He signaled his guards to take the two prisoners down the hallway before glancing at his son, telling him to follow him as he and the rest of the guards went around the corner to head out of the building. Akashi and Kuroko were left alone in that narrow space of the hallway, the light blue-haired male glancing at Akashi a bit awkwardly as he thought about earlier events.

"Tetsuya." Akashi said rather quickly in order to get his attention. Kuroko blinked a few times, a curious expression on his face.

Akashi glanced at him with a slightly soft expression. He looked like he was about to give him some sort of lecture, but he hesitated. "Tetsuya, about earlier... I-"

Akashi was about to finish when, suddenly, Kagami came running down the hallway from where Aomine and his father had left from. Kuroko noticed in that quick moment that the tall male was holding some sort of strange bag that he had not held previously; indicating that he had escaped AND had stolen something from them (which was further proven by the fact that the guards for Aomine and his father were soon following behind him).

As Kagami ran by Kuroko, he bumped into the blue-haired male from behind. While Kagami gave a quick 'sorry!' as he continued to dash down the hall, Kuroko paid no attention to the red-haired male for the thief had, in fact, accidentally pushed Kuroko towards Akashi and managed to kiss him in that small moment before Kuroko fell on top of Akashi on the ground.

Kuroko looked down at the red-haired male with widened eyes, his heart racing. He knew he should've just gotten up and apologized, but something stopped him from moving; almost as if he was in a daze.

Akashi had a startled expression on his face when he did that, but it quickly transitioned into a small laugh as he got his torso up by his elbows. Kuroko blushed in embarrassment as his face got a little closer and he felt his mind return to reality.

"I... I'm sorry, Akashi, I didn't mean to-" Kuroko was about to say when Akashi leaned forward and kissed him. He started out with soft, gentle kisses before he began to go a bit rougher and Kuroko had to pull back a few inches; looking at Akashi's lustful eyes.

Akashi chuckled a little as he observed Kuroko's reaction, a tiny of sadness in his voice. "Sorry, Tetsuya... you probably don't even like me like that... It's just, I couldn't help myself-"

Kuroko kissed him back, softly, before pulling away and giving him a faint smile as he felt a sudden happiness rush through him. "I was afraid that you didn't like me like that, either, Akashi..."

Akashi blinked a few times before smiling as well.

"I love you, Tetsuya."

"I love you too"

____

And as they both stood up and headed to where to feast was taking place, Kuroko worried for a moment about how others would've reacted to their recent decision to become lovers. That's when he realized of what Kise had said about how he was also a royal family member like the others there (whether or not the family was still in existence) and that had meant that he was allowed to be with the King (most likely).
He felt a little happy about that thought and imagined what it was going to be like from now; hoping for the best...

As Akashi looked at Kuroko with his heterochromatic eyes, a faint, soft smile grew on the red-head's face and he reached for Kuroko's hand; which made him almost blush furiously.

"Come on, Tetsuya," Akashi said as his eyes lit up slightly and had given him a smirk. "The others are waiting..."

"Y-Yeah..." Kuroko simply responded, a little mesmerized with that moment.

And as they continued down the hall, Kuroko kept on thinking about how he was no longer just the 'king's pet'; which the other royal members had most likely classified him as.

He was now the 'king's lover'; something that meant so much more then just being a 'pet'.

And nothing, absolutely nothing, could destroy the love between the farm boy and the starving thief who had been named a 'King'...

THE END

_____

okay okay first; I apologize for posting late

second; this probably sucked but I've honestly never finished anything this long before so I wasn't exactly sure how to end it (which is also another reason why I took so long to update)

Anyway, this has been fun to write ^^ Sure, it has taken awhile but I've gotten this far; am I right?

Thank you for reading this! All the views/votes/comments you all have given me were very supportive and I appreciate that ^^ Hope you guys have good lives! Adios~