6. Him

"A queer? Towards that commoner? How ridiculous. Why would I ever be attached to him like that?"

Kuroko stood by the sidelines, his heart beating with pain. He knew this was a dream, yet it felt so real. Those hurtful words from a few days ago were coming back and he didn't really want to hear them again...

Suddenly, the scene changed and it was Akashi looking at him with amusing eyes.

"You heard me, right? That means you understand that I would never like you" The dream Akashi growled with a disgusted expression. "You're sick... filth like you should be left alone.

Endless laughing surronded the wide-eyed Kuroko as he felt the black floor give way and he sank into an endless pit; feeling his presence vanish slowly within the dark abyss.

~

Kuroko opened his eyes to look up at the sky; alone by himself in the same open, green area by the lake he was at with Aomine a few days ago. He was lying under a large, older oak tree nobody really went to.

Kuroko felt relief rush through him when he realized he woke up from that nightmare. He felt like he may have been taking this 'rejection' a little too much since they did just meet a few times, making it seem more awkward when you put it like that; but nonetheless this 'crush' had ended up hurting him in the long run.

Suddenly, a man tapped Kuroko's shoulder and he almost flinched, holding himself back so he didn't look too surprised. The man had a plain appearance, a stern expression, and the royal symbol on his cloak that struck him more clearly then anything else. He looked like some sort of 'guard' from the castle; perhaps even one of the King's personal guards.

"Hello, sir, I'm sorry to bother you but I have a question for you." He spoke. Kuroko sighed, slowly standing up to face him.

"Yes?"

"Well, have you seen or heard of a person called 'Kuroko Tetsuya'?"

"Um..." Kuroko hesitated for a moment, responding after analyzing the possible situation. "...no. No, I have not."

The man grumbled, seeming as if he had been asking people this for awhile. "Thank you anyway, sir"

As the man headed out towards some other passing fellow, Kuroko attempted to leave quickly without looking too suspious. He finally left, entering into the nearby town. He walked around for a bit; unconsciously heading so close to the castle he was only fifty feet or so away from it.

Kuroko felt his heart sink, a strange feeling of sadness washing over him. This place reminded him of Akashi...

In the end, he didn't really realize why he had been upset for this long. Kuroko knew, of course, that he liked Akashi like that; but why... why was he surprised? Why had he been surprised that Akashi had said that? Of course Kuroko knew he would never like him.... why would he?

Someone pulled Kuroko around the corner, behind a few trees and bushes that separated parts of the town and the Kingdom's castle. For some reason, in that slow, tiny moment he was being dragged, Kuroko's thoughts of Akashi had clouded his mind before the feeling of fear and panic normal people would've had when being 'kidnapped'.

"Tetsuya?"

Kuroko looked up to see Akashi, red eyes looking back into his. He looked a bit worried, but still managed to keep his normal, 'Akashi' look.

"Akashi..." Kuroko said slowly, his heart hurting even more then before. Something was telling him to stay away from him or he would break from these feelings.

Akashi reached his hand towards him, only to have Kuroko avoid it and walk away from in front of him; refusing to look at him.

"What's wrong?I haven't been able to find you for awhile, so I sent a guard" Akashi said, slight confusion swirling in his voice until it darkened slightly as he finished his next sentence. " Are you... avoiding me?"

Kuroko gulped slightly, breathing in and out a little before he spoke. "No, King Seijuro, I'm not."

"Don't act so unfamiliar to me," He hissed sloghtly, controlling his displeasure. "I may be a king but I'm not a stranger to you."

"Sorry... King Seijuro." Kuroko said with a sigh.

Suddenly, Akashi grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around; looking into his eyes. His golden eye had lit up and a fierce expression had taken Akahi's face.

"Tetsuya, stop doing this; whatever your doing..." He growled, his expression softening a little as he continued. "... please."

"I... don't..." Kuroko managed to say. "I don't... want to be near you anymore. That's... why. That's why I'm acting like this, if you wanted to know..."

Akashi took a step back, his eyes widening a little. "What...?"

"Just, leave me alone... please." Kuroko sighed, walking away.

He didn't hear Akashi say anything while he walked away from him; feeling a little disappointed as he left. Kuroko just shook the thought; looking ahead and deciding to go with the decision to not see Akashi for awhile until he decided what to do.

Eventually, he reached to an area a little farther behind the castle that was mostly sprawling plains except for a medium-sized cottage sitting in the middle of the grassy lands. Kuroko was only a few feet from the entrance and was about to turn around to leave when he accidentally backed up into someone right behind him. He was about to say a quick sorry until he saw who it was.

"Tetsu... what are you doing here?" Aomine said, a bit of surprise in his voice. Kuroko blinked a few times, attempting to keep the conversation that would follow monotone.

"I was just walking and I found this place... Is it yours?" Kuroko asked.

"Uh, well, not exactly..." He hesitated for a moment, laughing nervously as he continued. "I may have 'rented' it from some lower noble or something... hehehe..."

"Why did you rent it?"

"Cause' I'm not going to sleep in those dirty guest beds in that filthy castle!" Aomine growled, crossing his arms as he looked to the side with an nasty look. "I don't care if my father wants me too; he's the one who keeps bringing me to these stupid, endless negotiations with those Scarlet people...!"

"Oh..." Kuroko said with a deflated expression. He still felt upset from earlier.

Aomine looked at him with serious eyes, quickly scoffing and glancing to the side once more as if he had concluded an internal battle within himself.

"You can come into my cottage, ya'know." He sighed. "It seems like you need somewhere to go since you're acting all depressed like that."

Kuroko looked at him a little wide-eyed, a soft, pink blush dusting his cheeks. "I-I'm not depressed..."

"You're embarrassed...?" Aomine laughed. He rubbed Kuroko's hair roughly as he headed inside, waving his hand in the air as a signal to 'come in'. "Don't be, short stuff, everyone is human after all..."

Kuroko felt himself smile slightly for the first time in awhile; feeling himself walk inside with Aomine.

~

Okay-dokey I'm sorry for taking awhile to update! I'll probably be putting in more A/Ns later on~

Anyway, was this an okay chapter? Please tell me what I can improve on... I really want to make this good for you guys cause I love you :3

Goodbye and please vote, comment, and follow my fabulous account~!