Chapter Ten

I packed my bag with over night clothes. I was wearing a t-shirt dress and converses. My hair was in messy but cute bun and I had a dab of lipstick on. Jay knocked on my door. "Ready?" He asked. "Yep" i said following him downstairs to his car.

He had a white land rover. I loved it. It took us a little over 2 hours to get there. He said we were staying at his pent house he had here. I didn't know he had one. He parked the car in a parking space two blocks down from the building.

He stayed at the Tribeca Green. We greeted the door man and made our way up to the 12th floor. The apartment was beautiful. The view was amazing. The furniture was white, the kitchen was huge and he had a fire place. "This is a beautiful apartment" I said getting a text on my phone from Chris.

Chris: where you at girl? Killer party going on, answer your phone.
Me: went to visit the folks, be back tomorrow
Chris: ok lame ass 😘

"Who's that?" He asked. "Just Chris" I said.
He said nothing. I guess he chose to ignore me.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Im excited to spend the night with you" I said. "Same here" he said kissing me. He picked me up, not breaking our kiss and carried me to his bed. He laid me gently and I pulled off his shirt. My dress came soon after. I was almost done getting his belt off when someone knocked. I rolled my eyes. He pulled his shirt back on.
"I'll be back in a minute" he said kissing my forehead.

A minute turned into 30 minutes. He didn't even tell me where he went so I was alone. I just decided to go in the shower and make my way to bed.

The next day I woke up to the smell of French toast, and eggs. I saw Jay in the kitchen putting it on plates. "This looks good" I said. "Lets pray it tastes as good as it looks" he said.

"So where did you go last night?" I asked casually. "Oh I'm really sorry about that, I was with an old friend and were just catching up" he said. "Cool" i said quietly.

I was still mad at him. I wanted him all myself last night but instead some guy stole him from me.

"It was nice seeing her though, its been maybe two years" he added.

Did he just say her ?

"How do you guys know each other" I asked not caring but trying to figure out who 'her' was.

"From college" he said. I nodded.
"I invited her to the barbecue" he said.
"Cool" was all I could say.

Later that day I started getting dressed for the barbecue. I pulled on ankle boots, shorts and and t-shirt. The barbecue wasn't too far.

When we got there, we went upstairs to the roof. It was full with maybe 30 people. There were two grills with burgers and and hotdogs grilling. A blonde guy approached us. "Jay, man wassup" he said to him. "Hey Luke" he said.

"Who's this fine thing" he said smiling at me. "Im Jess" i said.

"Girlfriend" he asked.
"No" I said quickly. I didn't mean to make it sound like that but I don't know what happened.

Jay shifted uncomfortably.
"Perfect" said Luke putting his arms around my shoulders and walking me around.

"So how do you know Jay?" he asked.
"Oh we met through a friend" I said praying he believed me.

"You guys not a thing?" He asked.
"Nope, just friends" I said.
"Cool" he said smirking at me.

I heard someone call his name and he walked over to them. I was standing at a table with drinks so I decided to pour myself one. I had 4 shots of vodka and I already felt tipsy.

I tried to look for Jay but I think it had gotten more crowded. I finally found him by the entrance with some girl. She had short black hair and red lipstick. She was wearing a skin tight dress that stopped mid thigh and some heels.

Seriously ? To a barbecue ?

Her hands were all over Jay. What the hell was he doing. I was so upset. I went to get more drinks. I had 4 more shots when Luke grabbed my hand and started dancing with me. I didn't even realize there was music on. He put his hand on hips as I moved it to the beat.

I looked over to see if Jay was watching but instead he was dancing with that girl which made me even madder. I stumbled over to him.

"Jay why don't you introduce me to your friend" I said trying to hide my drunkness.

"Uh this is Christine. The friend I was telling you about" he said.

"Did you know he fucks me ?" I said. I was too drunk to realize how crazy what I said was. His mouth dropped open. "What the hell is wrong with you? Are you drunk?" He said pulling arm. "So what ? You can do me while I'm drunk. I bet you've always wanted to do that right Mr.-" but he cut me off by pulling me away.

He took me downstairs to the car and we drove home. I looked at the time and it was 6 o'clock. I was so tired. "Jay" I said putting my arms around his neck. "Jess you need to go to sleep" he said not making eye contact with me. "You look mad. Are you mad at me" I asked pouting.

"I'm not talking to you while your drunk. Go to bed" he said dragging me to the room. Eventually I fell asleep.

The next morning I awoke, it took a while for my vision to focus. I looked around and realized I was home. How the hell did I get home ? Was I dreaming that whole thing ? I remembered Jay putting me to sleep but what happened before and after that.

I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea. My head was hurting. I sat at the the table thinking. What happened at the barbecue? I hardly remember. I remember spending no time with Jay which was weird considering he bought me there.

I decided to go in the shower because my head was really killing me. I took a long hot shower. While I was in the shower I started to remember. I remember being drunk. Thats why my head was killing me. And dancing on Jay's friend? Was I remembering correctly. Oh my gosh. What did I do?

When I got out I looked at the time. It was 12:00. I pulled on a hoodie and some sweats and made my way upstairs. I knocked on his door and he answered.
"Hey" I said. "Hey" he said. He let me in and I sat on the couch. "We need to talk about yesterday" i said. "What about it?" he asked.
"Don't act clueless" I said getting agitated.

"No really. Talk about what? So many things happened yesterday. Like you getting drunk. Oh and you dancing on my best friend. Oh and the one that takes the cake. Telling Christine that we fucked. What the hell is wrong with you" he said slightly yelling at me.

" I only started drinking because you were spending so much time with her" I said yelling back. "We were catching up"

"Don't you think you did enough of that after you left me alone. God knows what you two were doing for that long period you left me." I said.
"We were only talking" he said.
"Whatever" i said. "Were you seriously jealous?" He asked.

"YES" I yelled. "I was jealous. Because guess what ?I like you a lot" I said.
"Like me a lot ? It sure seemed that way when Luke asked if you were my girlfriend" he said.

"Am I?" I asked. It was a simple question. A simple question that he could not answer. "Thats what I thought" i said and left.