13

"What do you mean you killed them?!" I hear a deep voice whisper shout from outside Jason's bedroom door. We got home about an hour ago and Jason carried me up and put me to bed. He thinks I'm sleeping but I woke up a few seconds a go. I have no idea what Jason and who I assume to be Jeremy are talking about but my curiosity really wants me to find out.
"They wanted me to hit her dad, I wasn't about to just raise my fist was I?!" "So you killed Antonio and his friend? Nice one lil bro" Oh Alex is there too. "Jase, Alex, you can't just kill someone because they want you to hit someone, you kill someone to protect yourself" "Jason's got a point dad. He was protecting Danielle. If someone told me to hit Lauren I'd kill them straight away" I hear a sigh before someone walks away.
"Is Danielle okay though bro?" Jeremy must of been the one who walked away. "Of course she's okay. I mean no one has faith in me that I wouldn't let no one lay a finger on her" "You like her man" "I'm not in love with her no, but she's now wanted by everyone as the girl who escaped the mental institution and as soon as I come out about the death scandal she's going to be wanted for worse reasons by other gangs and I'm not someone to mess with. Any other gang that even thinks about touching her or my child I'll kill them with no mercy, I care about her" "I knew you'd end up falling for her anyway, I'm off to bed it's 11 PM. I'll see you in the morning." Alex says before leaving.
It takes Jason a few seconds to come in and when he does I pretend to be asleep. I can't believe what he said.. He cares about me? Oh don't be stupid Danielle of course he cares about you, only because he has too. My sub-conscience says. No, I refuse to believe that the only reason Jason cares about me is because he has too. If Jason didn't want to care Jason sure as hell wouldn't. I feel the bed dip and Jason shuffles for a few moments before settling down. Me being the idiot that I am and also in my tired state, rolls closer to Jason so my head is resting on his bare chest. I don't know why but I feel so much safer knowing he's here and that nothing would happen to me. Jason freezes and relaxes ten seconds after as he puts his arm around my shoulder and cuddles me into him more.
"Thank you" I mumble. "For what?" Jason asks confusedly. "Not letting any one hurt me" Jason sighs before kissing my forehead, my head burns from the kiss and makes me want more. "I told you that as long as I am around no ones even thinking about hurting you" I nod my head and close my eyes. It couldn't of been long because soon after I fall into a deep sleep.
-----
I'm quite excited today and guess why?! It's my birthday today I am finally 17!! I know right! I jump out if bed and do my usual routine. Shower, brush my teeth and get dressed.
Me and Jason are now super close, not dating. Obviously. Just close like best friends. I quickly walk downstairs to see a big table prepared with loads of different breakfast foods. Standing around the table is Jason, My mom, My dad, Pattie, Jeremy, Lauren, Alex, Ryan, Chaz and Za (the three boys standing in the living room a few weeks back) I look over to the table and notice there are a load of presents, with a few balloons and a big candle in the middle.
"Oh my God guys!!" I squeal excitedly. I run over to my parents and hug them quickly. I them hug everyone else and go to Jason last. Our hug lasts longer than mine did with everyone else. With my arms around his neck and his arms around my waist. I'm obviously on my tippy toes because my head is firmly in Jason's neck.
I break from the hug and turn around to look at my presents before squealing, Jason chuckles from behind me and I turn to glare at him playfully.
"Can I open them?" I ask whilst turning to look at everyone with my hands clasped together.
Everyone takes a seat around the table "Breakfast first Danielle" My mom says. "B-but mom!" I whine. Jason looks at me oddly. "Are you sure we're having a baby? Or have you already given birth to a 17-year-old baby" Jason says causing him, Lauren and Alex to snicker. I playfully punch Jason in the arm as I take a seat by him. I quickly tug into my breakfast making sure to eat all of it before looking at everyone expectantly.
"Yes. you can open your presents now" Jeremy says with a chuckle. I quickly get up but Jason beats me and picks up one present and a Pandora bag. "These two are from me and you can open them when I say" he says with a sly smirk to which I childishly poke my tongue out at him.
I pick up some presents and get told who they're off. In the end I have clothes, money, bracelets, shoes and a big speaker.
I look at Jason expectantly and he sighs jokingly before handing me my gifts. I thank him with a big smile before opening the Pandora box. I gasp. Inside was a nice angel winged pendant. "Oh my God Jason! It's beautiful" I say. "It's an angel wing because all though I hurt you badly, and with deep regret you still trusted me" he says gently as he places the necklace around my neck.
I move onto my next one and open it to see it's a brand new Iphone 5c in pink. I look at Jason with excitement.
"You got me a new phone?!" I squeal throwing my arms around his neck with the phone still in my hand. "I thought you deserved it after all I did break yours and well it's an upgrade" "Thank you Jason, you're the best" I say. Jason smiles before looking behind to Jeremy. Jason clears his throat before looking at me again. "Well me and the others are going to get some things, you'll be staying here with Lauren so yeah see you soon" Jason says before everyone runs out and into the garage. Me and Lauren look at each other before laughing at how idiotic they are.
"Where are they all going?" I ask. "I have no idea but what's up with you and Jason?" "What do you mean?" "You two are getting pretty close aren't you? I mean you two have hugged a lot today already and he seems to be the one who was stressing on how this day had to be special" "Jason was stressing over my birthday?" I ask as me and her go to take a seat on the couch. "Yeah, I mean all last night he was screaming at us saying everything had to be perfect. All we did was put your presents on the table, Jason's the one who was putting them all in a nice order and with the balloons and candle"
Jason was really stressing over my birthday more than anyone else? I must say he has surprised me today with the gifts he got me.
Maybe he isn't so bad.. I guess I could give him a chance if he wants one... Be a nice happy family.
Jason and the others came back around an hour later, they went to pick up some sort of equipment. They asked me what I wanted to do.. If I wanted a party or go out for food but I answered honestly and said all I wanted was to stay in with them all, get some take-out and watch movies and that's exactly what we did and I couldn't of been happier.