Chapter 10: :I-I have a-a BROTHER?!

OMG GUYS!!! OVER 200 READS SINCE THE LAST CHAPTER?! THATS AWESOME! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying my book. Don't forget to hit the star button!
Now on with the story.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

~Mia's POV~

So I went to sleep after they left. I dreamed about something odd. I dreamed I had a brother. Which I wouldn't mind having, but now is not the time to start dreaming about things that don't exist. Like my chances of getting out of here. It's been 4 days since I got kidnapped. Alex and them are still not here. My thoughts were interrupted as the door to my very small room flew open.

"Alright little girl, time to get up. We have a long day ahead of us." The mutant came over to me and unchained me from the bed. After he unchained me, he put duck tape on both my wrists so they were taped together. Then he bound my wings again with rope. He left my head uncovered so I can see where I'm going. But I still had that contraption on my head. So I still couldn't use my telekinesis...their so lucky they have this thingy on my head. Or I would've made them choke by now.

"Alright Mia, we're gonna have you stand over here by this boy. We're gonna see what both of your combat skills are. To see if we want you as a mutants or to keep you as you are. If we keep you as you are, then we will have you under tight surveillance." I was surprised that the man in the suit told me all of this. But I guess it's good to understand what's going on. As I examined the boy I was about to fight. He had blonde hair like mine. Bright blue eyes. He was about 5'1. That's pretty tall since I'm only 4'7. He was wearing a blue hoodie with black jeans and all black shoes. He has a birthmark similar to mine. It's a turtle shaped birthmark on his lower arm. In the exact place mine is in. He made me wonder. Is it a coincidence? Or is he the guy from my dream this morning? He did look like him. But I wasn't sure. All I know is that I have to fight this guy.

"Alright you guys ready?" He asked both of us as he walked out if the room and into a room that connected to a window. I think he was watching us through a one way window. What a creep! Then a mutant came over to me and ripped the tape off my wrists with his teeth. It's  pretty disgusting how yellow and rotten his teeth are. Like seriously, does it kill you scientists to make their teeth look better? You already enhanced their muscles  ad body hair. You can't just clean their teeth?

Anyways, after he had ripped of the tape, he cut the rope that had my wings tied together. They are as dumb as they look. As soon as he went to pick up the rope off the floor, I flapped my wings and tried to fly to the ceiling. Then realizing that I don't know how to fly, I crash right into the boy.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" I start to panic as I get up.

"Yea, I'm fine. Are you okay? You hit me hard." He replied as he got up as well.

"Yea, I guess I don't know how to fly ye-"

"Enough chit chat! Now! Both you get to your corners and prepare to fight before I put both of you in the chamber!!" The man yelled through the mic. The mutants went out of the room and into the sand room as the man in the suit.

"3. 2. 1. GO!" He yelled through the mic again.

With that, the boy came running at me. I was expecting a pinch to the jaw but instead I got a message. He grabbed me and pinned me to the ground gently. Then he whispered in my ear."Act like you're really hurting me. Then after we go to the room, we'll talk" I obeyed. So then I quickly turned him over on his back and starts throwing the lightest but most believable punches. Then he started to fake whine. As soon as the doctors saw the fight they quickly ran into the room and pulled me off of him. Then they tied my wings again and my wrists. They tied the boys wrists and then put some kind of bracelet on him. I guess I'll find out later what that is.

So the mutants took us down to a slightly bigger room. It had two twin size mattresses and window that was boarded up. It had a bathroom. It also had one lamp and a water heater. Wasn't tore try but it was better than being in a room with stupid head scientists.

"Alright. So I was looking at you before our match, and I noticed you have the same birthmark as me. I was wondering, who are your parents?" He asked me. I felt sadness come over me. I held back my tears as told him.

"I never got to meet my parents...." I whispered. Feeling now depressed.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. Well I never met my parents either. They scientists told me that they died in a house fire when I was 4 years old. They said I had a sister who was only about 5 months old. They said she survived but I could never meet her..." He said looking at my birthmark. Am I his sister? Or better yet, is he my brother? The one I was dreaming about last night? Maybe I will get out of here alive!

"So you're saying I'm your sister? But how do you know for sure?" I asked feeling kinda excited.

"Because the doctors said her an I have the same birthmark in the same place. You have a turtle like birthmark like me. On your right lower arm, like me. So you're my sister!" He jumped.

"That's amazing! I can't believe it! I have a brother! Someone who's related to me! Someone who cares about me like no one else can!" I started to cry tears of joy. He came over to me and hugged me. We both say on my bed hugging and crying. After for what seems like forever, I asked a question.

"So what's your name big brother? Tell me about yourself!" I scooted closer to him and put my hands under my chin and stared waiting for his answer.

"My name is Jakob. I'm 11 years old. I was kidnapped about 12 days ago from this abandoned house in the city. I had no one living with me. So I fended for myself." He replied with a bit of loneliness kind of  feeling.

"Well you don't have to worry about lonely for long! I live with a bunch of people who are all on their way here right now to save me! Their names are Alejandra, Nikky, and Colt! Nikky is 10. Alejandra and Colt are both 15. So you'll get along just fine!" I yelled as I was jumping for joy. "So what's that thingy on your wrist?" I Alden pointing to it.

" Its a device to stop me from transforming into a wolf."

"No way! Alejandra and Colt are wolves too!" I said in excitement.

"That's great! I can't wait to meet them!" I replied.

"Me too." We both hugged. Just then a mutant walked in and began to make my happiness disappear.

"Alright, you've had you visit. Let's go Jakob. You still have tests to do." The mutant grabbed Jakob by the hand and led him out the room. Before Jakob had left, he gave me a 'goodbye but I'll be back for you, I promise' smile. Yea I know it's hard to determine what that looks like, but I just know he'll be back.

So they left and sat on my bed wondering when I'm going to see him again. Or IF I get to see him again...