Show Time?

Hey sorry on the delay. To be honest i have jsut been lazy and haven't updated. i hope you're still reading along and i hope this chapter is enjoyed.    

Anne Eve’s POV

Finally I opened the door to my dressing room and stepped out. I quickly started looking for Gustave but when I didn’t find him right outside my door where I had asked him to stay I felt myself start to panic. I really needed him now though. I started to run through the back stage calling him name only to be stopped when I ran into someone. I took a few steps back as I began apologizing and when I looked to the person I ran into and it was Meg. I gave her a small smile, “Hello Meg, I’m sorry but have you seen Gustave I really need to find him.” It was as if she hadn’t even heard me as she took my arm and started to drag me along with her, “Oh, Anne Eve you look gorgeous, it looks like you haven’t age a day since I last saw you. You have to hurry though the show is starting soon.” I tried to pull my arm away as she looped hers through mine and continued dragging me on some direction. “Meg I’m truly sorry but I really do need to find Guastave. I need him.” She paused and turned to me, “Why you can’t be leaving? He is around he somewhere and I’m sure you will find him after the show has started.” She then proceeded to pull me in the direction of the stage and the nerves hit me again. I started pulling on my arm harder trying to escape when the stage came into view, “Meg I have to go. I can’t be here.” She shook her head and stop to look me over, fixed a few strands of my hair, and the pushed my past a curtain.

As soon as I passed the curtain music for the aria started. In front of me was a thin curtain and then the thick one that prevented the audience for seeing me but that was quickly pulled away. I began to panic was I almost thought of running off stage but then the thin curtain started to be drawn back and the music fully enveloped me. It sounds like something Erik would have written or loved to play. I wish he could be here to see this. I shook my head, took another deep breath and looked up as the curtain became fully pulled and lights of blue shown on me from every way. I couldn’t see an audience and for that I was extremely thankful for but I knew for their perspective I looked like a nervous wreck. I quickly changed that and put on a mask as the ending of the opening music began. Before I started I whispered, “Angel of Music guide and guard me.” Then with that I took one more breath and opened my mouth,

Who knows when love begins,                         Who knows what makes it start

One day it's simply there,                                       A life inside your heart 

I was doing it. I sounded like I did so many   years ago.

It slips into your thoughts,                                       It infiltrates your soul

It takes you by surprise,                                     Then seizes full control

Now that I knew this wasn’t a dream and I was   actually doing it, I started to put my whole heart       into it.

Try to deny it and try to protest

But love won't let you go,                                      Once you've been possessed

        My thoughts went directly to Erik again. I slowly         started to walk forward as I continued.  

Love never dies, love never falters

Once it has spoken, love is yours

Love never fails, love never alters

Hearts may get broken, love endures

I still loved him and it’s something I never want          to let go of even if he is gone. I will always love      My Erik, My Angel.

And soon as you submit,                          Surrender flesh and bone

That love takes on a life much bigger than your own

It uses you at whim, and drives you to despair

And forces you to feel more joy than you can bear

Love gives you pleasure and love brings you pain

And yet, when both are gone,                           Love will still remain

Erik was here in the song I could feel it. I wanted        him back so badly. I could feel myself about to            break so I tried to calm myself by looking                  around while the music played. I looked to my        left and saw a shocked Christine and Raoul. I  instantly found that I was standing straight with        a smile on my face in spite of them because I finally was doing it for myself showing who I   really was. With that confidence I turned back to      the audience and continued,

Once it has spoken, love is yours

Love never dies, love never alters

Hearts may get broken, love endures

Raoul and Christine turned and started to leave and gave a small gasp and smiled as I thought,        “I may be free like he wanted.”  I belted out the last part with a large smile on my face.

Love never dies, love will continue

Love keeps on beating, when you're gone

Love never dies, once it is in you

Life may be fleeting, love lives on

Love lives on

As soon as I finished the audience roared with applause and I was take back with shock. I smiled and gave a small bow. I looked to my left and then right and of stage left I saw Guastave and from behind him I could have sworn I had seen Erik. I stopped breathing for a second but when I didn’t see him again I let out a slow breathe. I looked back to the audience, gave one more bow then left stage to immediately have Gusatve run into my arms and pull me into a kneeling position. I laughed as he started to get all excited about the performance and how well I did. I smiled and just listened to him. Then from behind me I heard a distinctive, “Brava, Brava, Bravisma.” I gasped and froze. My breathe started to come short as I stood and slowly started to turn around. Behind me was the only man I had ever fallen in love with and the one I had only dreamed of ever seeing again. I raised my glove covered hands to my mouth as I chocked back a sob. Before me stood Erik in a perfect black suit, with everything perfectly in place, just as I remembered him. I slowly walked towards him terrified that I would break this dream and image of him. He didn’t dissolve or disappear once I was in front of him. Then with a shaky hand I reached out so slowly and finally my hands made contact with the unmasked part of his face. He even leaned into my touch and grabbed my hand keeping it where it was. Finally I sobbed tears had already been streaming down my face but now there was no stopping them. I grabbed onto Erik for dear life and cried into his chest as my legs gave out. He caught my elbows to support me as we both dropped to the ground. He held me close saying nothing as I continued. Finally I pulled away with tears still falling from my eyes I gently grabbed his face as he took mine into his. I started to calm down a bit as I whispered, “Please don’t let this be a dream I won’t survive this one if I wake up and you’re really not here.” He gave me a small smile, “Anne Eve I will never leave you again.” He then pulled me in for a kiss and as soon as our lips met I held onto him planning never to let go again.

       When our lips parted all that could be seen on my face was a genuine smile. He kissed my forehead and then helped me stand but once there he slipped his arm around my waist, not once breaking the connection between us. All I could do was stare at him not believing him was really here. Then I remembered Gustave, who was still standing where I left him. I smiled and pulled Erik over to him, “Gustave this is Erik and Erik this I Gustave.” Gustave nodded, “I know who Mr. Y is Anntie Eve.” I turned to Erik, “So you’re the famous Mr. Y that Gustave won’t stop talking about.” He only smiled and nodded.  Then wrapped an arm still wrapped around me he opened the other for Gustave, who gladly accepted the embrace, as he led us back to my dressing room.