Chapter Twenty-two

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Jen was already at the house. She stayed at Cody and Alli's house while I was at rehearsal. I worriedly look over at her and she returned the look.

"Hey Ryan!" Jason said to me and gave me a big hug. I looked at Cody anticipating him to look mad, but he was smiling at me. Um...what?

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I ask him trying to sound at least a little bit excited.

"Well I actually moved to LA in sixth grade! I noticed that you released songs and stuff and decided to come see you! Isn't that great?!"

"Yeah! Just, AMAZING!" I said it sarcastically but he didn't catch on.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom then we can catch up!" He walked away and Jen ran over to me.

Cody's face went from smiling to serious. We all huddled together.

"WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?!" I asked freaking out.

"I don't know! He just showed up!" Jen said.

"Who is he?" Cody asked me curiously.

I decided it was better to be honest with him than lie.

"He's my ex-boyfriend. We dated in sixth grade and he moved unexpectedly. I tried calling and texting him but he didn't answer so I just assumed he forgot about me or whatever. Then 4 months ago he text me and said we were just friends, blah blah blah."

"Do you still like him though?" Cody said. He looked hurt.

"What? No Cody, that's crazy you know I love you to death!"

"I know! I just wanted to hear you say that!" He laughed and hugged me. Just then Jason came back out.

"So guys, want to go do something?" He asks.

"Um..." I started.

"Ryan and I were actually just about to go on a date!" Cody saved me.

Jen looked at me worriedly and I said "And by the way Jen, I think Jake called for you. He said it was important so you might wanna get on that!" I looked at her with my eyes wide. She silently thanked me for saving her and went off to "call Jake back".

"Okay well uh, text me or something when you want to hang Ryan! I'll be auditioning for your music video too!" He said.

"Oh cool!" I said faking the happiness in voice.

He finally left and Cody and I fell down on the couch sighing in relief.

"This is just AWESOME!" I say sarcastically.

"Hey, hey, hey, don't worry! I doubt he's going to get the part anyway!" He said trying to reassure me, which wasn't really working. "And look on the bright side, your concert is on Thursday!"

I smiled and kissed him. Why was he so good at making me feel better?

Jen came down the steps carfully and mouthed "is he gone?" I nodded my head and she sat down on the couch next to me.

"Oh. My. Gosh. This child has GOT to go!" She said.

"We know!" Cody and I said at the same time. We all laughed and Cody stood up and held out both his hands for Jen and I.

"What are you doing?" We ask.

"I want to show you guys around LA!"

Jen and I smiled at each other and grabbed Cody's hand so he could help us off the couch. He let go of Jen's but held on to mine and swung his arms a little. I laughed and kissed his cheek.